Radeon 6000 series 2010 confirmed

Kenny Chow of AMD has announced that they WILL be releasing the high-end of the 6000 series in Q4. I see this as coming too soon. The 5000 series seems so efficiently covered. Perhaps this will allow the 5000 series GPU's to come down some in price? What else good is going to come?

IVIYTH0S on July 20, 2010 03:40PM

If they could lover the price and size of the 5 series cards, bump up the performance some I'd be satisfied. (I'm talking like the highest card being the size of a 5750)

Who the hell cares about the size of a card? I don't care if it was 20", I bought a big case for a reason. 20" card that can play Crysis maxed with 100+FPS>10" card that can only play @ 30FPS.

Hopefully this series is good, might have to go back to Nvidia if they keep bringing out cards like the GTX 460 :)

Who the hell cares about the size of a card? I don't care if it was 20", I bought a big case for a reason. 20" card that can play Crysis maxed with 100+FPS>10" card that can only play @ 30FPS.

Hopefully this series is good, might have to go back to Nvidia if they keep bringing out cards like the GTX 460 :)

lol who plays Crysis anymore :rolleyes:

JK but seriously, the 460 is so great and the Palit one is the length of the 5750 and performs great, runs efficiently (and therefore cool), and is priced well. That'd be the main things I'd want to see in the 6 series. I really don't want upgrade to any graphics cards now because they haven't gotten smaller for the models that are comparably performing to my card, now if the cards were alot smaller and more efficient, and a little faster I'd be much more willing to upgrade :thumbsup:

JK but seriously, the 460 is so great and the Palit one is the length of the 5750 and performs great, runs efficiently (and therefore cool), and is priced well. That'd be the main things I'd want to see in the 6 series. I really don't want upgrade to any graphics cards now because they haven't gotten smaller for the models that are comparably performing to my card, now if the cards were alot smaller and more efficient, and a little faster I'd be much more willing to upgrade :thumbsup:

Thats why I got the 5770. :P Smaller than my old 8800GTX, uses less power, produces less heat, runs quieter, and still performs in games just as well or even better.

lol and what about AMD...are they just plain STUPID?? I mean who wants cutting edge technology 6 months after they just came out with technology?? 6 months...6000....series...sell...sucky...prices