Country/Place in Forums

premiumgfx

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what happened to the "country/place" listing under the joined date in the forums. I think that it would be useful to have this reinstated as it would help a lot inside the forums. Although many OCCers are from the US, many (like me) are not. This makes price comparisons from sites such as Newegg not very helpful, as demonstrated here: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=176796&pid=1827978&st=0entry1827978.

Having the country back would make it easier to respond to other members as being geographically aware is a good thing (in my opinion).

Thanks,

PremiumGFX

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what happened to the "country/place" listing under the joined date in the forums. I think that it would be useful to have this reinstated as it would help a lot inside the forums. Although many OCCers are from the US, many (like me) are not. This makes price comparisons from sites such as Newegg not very helpful, as demonstrated here: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=176796&pid=1827978&st=0entry1827978.

Having the country back would make it easier to respond to other members as being geographically aware is a good thing (in my opinion).

Thanks,

PremiumGFX

^ +1 - It is a valuable piece of information especially when making recommendations about hardware and available resources.

• Like 1

Took a look at the code for the OCC theme, and everything is in place to include the location (and some other info) in the user info section of each post. I'm stumped as to why it isn't being displayed, and have to assume it is a bug with IPB. Still looking into it.

Took a look at the code for the OCC theme, and everything is in place to include the location (and some other info) in the user info section of each post. I'm stumped as to why it isn't being displayed, and have to assume it is a bug with IPB. Still looking into it.

Thanks alot, no rush!