Your Degree?

Ghost2520

Well I'm working my . off in math right now. If I get an 80% or higher on my final then I will get a C. Also if I get that C then I will get my liscense. So the next few weeks I will be doing a lot of studying. :) I'm going to look into WSU after I make this post to see what they have for their courses in communications, computer science and whatever else they have for tech classes.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I graduated from Cornell in May with a BS in Applied Economics and Management. Basically their business degree. I'm currently unemployed, and have been job hunting recently...not nearly as hard as i should be...bumming around is too appealing ;)

Ouch! So let me guess...you've probably got a 100k in loans to pay back from going to an Ivy League school...or did you get some scholarships? 'cause I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have gone some place like that if I was going to come out of it with just a management degree :P

Ouch! So let me guess...you've probably got a 100k in loans to pay back from going to an Ivy League school...or did you get some scholarships? 'cause I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have gone some place like that if I was going to come out of it with just a management degree :P

i don't know about him but i can bet u some money when i get out of law school i am going to be drowning in loan payments.

i don't know about him but i can bet u some money when i get out of law school i am going to be drowning in loan payments.

Actyally i forget when i finish high school :) that was before 10-12 years:).Now i think to finish university in my hometown (after 5 years ) and will see... who knows?

Okay, after reading every post I now have an understanding of what I am dealing with. I have two kids graduated College and the last one graduating this May. The 1st one got an engineering degree and ended up the head of advertising department. The 2nd one major in medical management, ended up "buying / selling business" for big firm. The youngest major in political science and might end up running the best overclocking website.

As for me, I got a business degree ...... ran several factories, managing IT, Finance, Logistics, Sales/Marketing etc.

I used to hate computers, specially when I'm home..... how could one deal with it 10 hours a day, and could still sit next to it after you get home.

I believe living in the most advance country, it is to our best interest to receive the best education. Insofar, one day I got into this forum, I feel I might be in the wrong crowd. Here, people don't want the best, they think they are the best....already.

I used to hate computers, specially when I'm home..... how could one deal with it 10 hours a day, and could still sit next to it after you get home.

I believe living in the most advance country, it is to our best interest to receive the best education. Insofar, one day I got into this forum, I feel I might be in the wrong crowd. Here, people don't want the best, they think they are the best....already.

You just have to lvoe computers and love what your doign on computers that what this place is for. for all of us who can't live without or computers and can't stand to be away from our high speed internet connections for very long. also most of us don't think we are the ebst already we know we are the best. lol. jk. as for me i know there is better out there but i am happy with what i ahve now.

No offence, but tell your parents to get a life, show them this message.. ME MR JEREMY, FAILED MATH 2 TIMES, I AM NOT GOOD AT MATH, AND YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY YOUR SON CAN DO ADVANCED MATH! ATLEAST HE DOES NOT HAVE TO STRUGGLE EVERY FRIGGEN DAY OF HIS LIFE WITH A LEARNING DISIBILITY! Enought said... thoes kinda paretns realy make me mad.. I dont under stand them. Everything is not good enough.. i have to try 2 million times harder and studdy 3 days longer for me to pass a test, "barely" wehn someone just glances at it and gets a 100!! But o well..

Yeah I thinks your parents are being a little hard on you. I barely made it out of HS with 2.0. It then took me a couple years to go back to school because I didn't know what I wanted to do with myself. Then I built my first computer. After that I stated taking classes at Schoolcraft college aka Haggerty High :D . Got my AA with a 3.6 gpa then transferred to Western Michigan University. I received my BA with a major in Computer Information Systems last April with a 3.2 gpa. I'm currently working on some certifications (MCSE, Security+, CCNA, CNA). I now plan on going back for my MBA. I'm hoping to become an IT Director some day.

And Bigred.. all 7 MCSE tests in one day... THATS INSANE... did you pass them all or did you have to take any of them over again. Plus how did you prepare for them.

Edited by AMDOCuser

(he's got all the certs I have except MAC+...  but he's got CNE and several degrees including 2 masters 4 bacholers and 3 assosiates ranging from business to electrical engineering to systems analysis).

Holy crap batman!

I joined the Coast Guard after high school, just finishing my 4yrs now, and am looking at get a Aircraft powerplant and airframe rating, cause i love working on things so much. Thats not definet though, its so hard to decide what to do with your life. <_<

But when u find something u love doing, then thats what youll probably be most successful at

Edited by TypicalSloan