Dragon Age: Origins 2

InCrYsIs

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the article is on the PC page, the IGN guys played it on a 360. I fully expect the console versions to be different from the PC because BioWare even said so in the Game Informer article.. if I remember it right. I hope the PC version is the same we know and love and not like every other fighting game...

Even though the article is on the PC page, the IGN guys played it on a 360. I fully expect the console versions to be different from the PC because BioWare even said so in the Game Informer article.. if I remember it right. I hope the PC version is the same we know and love and not like every other fighting game...

I'm not thrilled about the graphics change. Comic bookish scares me. Combat system should not be manipulated on the PC version anyway.

I'm more worried about the following:

We also got to see the new conversation system. Dialogue has been simplified so that you only have up to three choices. Each choice is represented by an icon that indicates whether or it's a "good," "nasty," or "badass" choice. Good choices are represented by an olive branch, nasty by a Greek comedy mask, and badass by a red fist. This is an easy way to gauge what response your dialogue choices will produce.
The dialog was arguably the best part of DAO, why the f*** would they mess with it?!

This worried me a lot:

mountaintop battle against an army of orcs. They might have been imps or goblins or demons, actually. We're not nerdy enough to know the difference.

IMHO, if you can't tell the difference, then you have no place writing gaming articles. Especially not on DA.

Edited by roadkill

Yeah, that part bothered me as well. Especially since in DA, the enemies don't even use the names of orc or goblin. They need writers at IGN who actually have played the games and know the lore.

I'm more worried about the following:

The dialog was arguably the best part of DAO, why the f*** would they mess with it?!

The only thing I want to see change is the story. By that I mean progression. The graphics are fine, dialouge and conversations are some of the best ever and the combat system is great. I don't see a point to this. Not everything has to be Mass Effect. This was an epic game with a great story just continue the story and leave everything else that made the first game great alone.

Yeah, that part bothered me as well. Especially since in DA, the enemies don't even use the names of orc or goblin. They need writers at IGN who actually have played the games and know the lore.

Writers barely know anything.

I remember going on Gamespot when the beta started, and before they played they were talking to this one guy and the conversation went like this:

"So ___ is our expert on Starcraft here and ---"

"Not really, I've only been ---"

"He'll tell us about Starcraft II, right?"

"Well, it's this game by Blizzard..."

Man, that whole thing was a disaster.

Seems like all the things now are fine... Dragon Age is one of the games that I love most. I do like the graphics. One mean thing that I love in gaming is the graphics and the story.

This Dragon Age makes my day.. I like the game. Have you tried it guys?

• 3 weeks later...