Dragon Age: Origins 2

InCrYsIs

yay DAO2 now joins the list of games that are IMO stupid, as they have announced that there will be dlc on launch day.

BioWare has revealed the first bit of downloadable content for Dragon Age II long before the game itself has launched. It's called The Exiled Prince and it features a "new" companion with "new" sidequests.

I say "new" in quotes because, at this stage, every single bloody thing in Dragon Age II is new. It's hard to boast that DLC contains "new" content in a game that hasn't been played by anybody yet.

Nevertheless, this content will be free to those who pre-order the game’s Signature Edition, with others being to purchase it for $7.00/560 MS points after launch.

link

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not pissed that there's "Day 1 DLC", but rather that the SE won't be available for purchase anymore. Way to offer it while CES was going on. I've complained on their forums...we'll see what happens. If not, I guess EA/Bioware wants me to pirate the extra SE content.

Uh, Clay, the SE was a free upgrade to anyone who pre-ordered it before January 11th.

I know that, and I didn't get back until yesterday, so I missed the cut-off. There is absolutely no reason why the SE offer shouldn't last during the whole pre-order period except for greed.

I thought you had pre-ordered it early though?

Nope, I don't pre-order without knowing bonuses and whatnot, and I was also hoping they'd announce a CE again.

From what I've now learned, the SE promotion has been going on for three months according to a Bioware forum post, but I never received an email about it until Jan 7th.

Nope, I don't pre-order without knowing bonuses and whatnot, and I was also hoping they'd announce a CE again.

From what I've now learned, the SE promotion has been going on for three months according to a Bioware forum post, but I never received an email about it until Jan 7th.

Like I said, anyone who pre-ordered DA2 got the free upgrade to the SE. It had been going on since October or so, maybe longer. They had emails sent out when the promotion started (at least I got them) and then again right before it ended as a final reminder.

Like I said, anyone who pre-ordered DA2 got the free upgrade to the SE. It had been going on since October or so, maybe longer. They had emails sent out when the promotion started (at least I got them) and then again right before it ended as a final reminder.

Like I said, the first one I received was on the 7th. I speak to you all the time, you should have told me :P