Dragon Age: Origins 2

InCrYsIs

I'm not complaining, just making an observation of how every woman suddenly has watermelons attached to them in DA2. :lol: Looks weird, especially coming from DAO. Out of all the things that have changed, I don't think making the woman have unusually large chests should have been near the top of the list but apparently..

The hurlocks and ogre look different, the armor is all changed, the menu system is altered.. its like BioWare took a look at Mass Effect 2 and decided every single game they make afterwards should have the exact same things as that. Don't get me wrong, I like some of the changes, just some things are a bit too different. If DA2 is supposed to have at least part of it take place during DAO, then I guess hoping for at least a little continuity between the two games is a bit much to ask for.

Aw we're only kidding ;) That would bother me as well. From what I've read so far I'm not liking the "Masseffectization"

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even know the first monsters you fight were hurlocks until I saw the name appear over them to attack. Seriously, they look completely different. Gone is the grotesque skin and instead its this smooth-ish mild grey color.. like so as opposed to this. Genlocks are apparently really changed too, like a combination between a gorilla and a bronto from DAO. No more gnome appearance.

I am probably going to play the demo tonight. I will admit that everything I have read up to now doesn't give me a good feeling. I really liked just about everything in DAO. I wouldn't have minded the game not changing at all with some additions. I love Mass Effect but I don't want to play Mass Effect with every Bioware title. I thought DAO stood in its own place. I do think the console version was inferior to the PC last go around and a lot of these changes are probably a result of that which is absolute BS.

Edited by InCrYsIs

I never finished the first one, is this a story continuation?

No its not. It is another story that is supposedly running alond side it. Some familiar faces but a different protagonist and journey.

Demo was pretty fun. Played as an Archer. It's a little rough playing this game as melee though. Wonder how much easier it is to play melee on a controller.

The mage is pretty fun too. Enjoying the combat a lot more than the first game.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Demo was pretty fun. Played as an Archer. It's a little rough playing this game as melee though. Wonder how much easier it is to play melee on a controller.

The mage is pretty fun too. Enjoying the combat a lot more than the first game.

Finished the demo. Its pretty awesome imo.. While there isn't top down view really anymore, it seemed like the streamlined the design alot and polished it. I really like the fact that you main character now has a voice. They have taken parts of Mass Effect and integrated it, it works well imo..

Just finished the demo. There are some things I like more and some less. I like the character models and skill trees but don't like the environment as much. Like the combat animations. Overall though i give it a 8.5/10 with what I've seen. Could Isabella's boobs be any bigger.....can't imagine.

Just finished the demo. There are some things I like more and some less. I like the character models and skill trees but don't like the environment as much. Like the combat animations. Overall though i give it a 8.5/10 with what I've seen. Could Isabella's boobs be any bigger.....can't imagine.

'

It was kinda the opposite for me. I hated the trees and how they are laid out. I loved the environment (that city was amazing @ the end...), and it seems like they have a lot more enemies during fights, which gives it a more epic feel...

...Could Isabella's boobs be any bigger.....can't imagine.

I played the demo last night briefly and my wife's first comment was almost identical, LMAO. They look "ridiculous" honey, bad Bioware :whistling:

If you are really into the whole Dragon Age thing, check out these Razer products.

http://www.techpowerup.com/141352/Razer-and-BioWare-Prepare-You-For-Battle-In-Dragon-Age-II.html

I should really set my bookmark to the homepage. Oh well. I bought the mouse pad since I don't have a good one anyway.

Oh keep your bitching to yourself, I have already acknowledged my mistake.

Edited by InCrYsIs