Starcraft II

tkrow21

Collector's Edition pre-ordered from GameStop.

Same. Looks like I'm using birthday money to get it. :lol:

Also, who cares if the graphics aren't amazing. When you're playing an RTS game like StarCraft that can get incredibly fast paced, do you really need to worry about having amazing graphics that could slow your action down or do you want to just blow crap up and decimate?

Wow, is Blizzard effing joking?! Because I'm on staff, my screenname and real name are "linked", so it doesn't affect me as much as some people, but this is still ridiculous (and honestly, I wasn't that thrilled with having my full name listed here when I first became a staff member).

Wow, is Blizzard effing joking?! Because I'm on staff, my screenname and real name are "linked", so it doesn't affect me as much as some people, but this is still ridiculous (and honestly, I wasn't that thrilled with having my full name listed here when I first became a staff member).

The worst part is that a community moderator at the Battle.net forums, under the name “Bashiok”, posted his real name information to prove to the community how harmless it really is. Within minutes, people were posting links to his address along with pictures of his family. Yikes.

I am pretty surprised that Blizzard took this route. I think there might be some legal action. Privacy is an issue here, at least give the people the ability to choose whether or not they want their real information displayed.

WOOOW :whoa:

Who was the idiot that came up with that decision? And who were the idiots at Blizz that supported it? That's enough to make me revoke my Blizzard Fanboi Club Clard. I'll still play the game. Even if I have to create dummy accounts and make the game think I'm Gengis Khan.

But seriously??? That's a dangerous game they're playing. If I were them I'd be more scared of the potential class action law suits ...rather than worrying about a bunch of trolls who leave nasty grams on the forums.

Speaking of which, does anyone actually post on their forums? If so, and if i posted my reasons why this would be a dumb move and you thought I brought up good points ...would you be willing to post it on the Blizzard forums? I don't feel like creating an account just to tell Blizz they're idiots when so many people already did - though it sure is tempting. If they think this will stop all the trolling, they are more naive then 5yr old little girls living the good life.

lol if nothing else this will cause more trolling. Nobody will be stupid enough to actually make an account with their real info.

Um, wake up. Most WoW player accounts will have their real info since they pay by CC.

As long as our real name isn't shown in in-game, then whatever...people will just use a fansite forum.

Most WoW player accounts will have their real info since they pay by CC.

lol yea but who'd even want a WoW player's real info...

As for the in-game thing, I don't know how Battle.net 2.0 will be set up so hopefully it's just some new fancy grafix and less lag 'n' technical stuff like that, rather than making it require personal info when making a registration for a profile in StarCraft II for example.

If it's just a forum thing...big deal. There are much better forums that can cover the same topics.

lol yea but who'd even want a WoW player's real info...

As for the in-game thing, I don't know how Battle.net 2.0 will be set up so hopefully it's just some new fancy grafix and less lag 'n' technical stuff like that, rather than making it require personal info when making a registration for a profile in StarCraft II for example.

If it's just a forum thing...big deal. There are much better forums that can cover the same topics.

Your real information is required for setting up an account...of course, if you're not a WoW player, then you could technically use a fake name since you won't have to attach a CC to it. Regardless, in SC2 beta, if you went by your real_id, it was simply your email address used, not your real name. Even that I didn't like, but at least that's better.

Your real information is required for setting up an account...of course, if you're not a WoW player, then you could technically use a fake name since you won't have to attach a CC to it. Regardless, in SC2 beta, if you went by your real_id, it was simply your email address used, not your real name. Even that I didn't like, but at least that's better.

Well, email address is reasonable I guess. It's required for any register in any forum or website. I'd like it if it was kept that way in game, just like in WC3, SC1 and D2...email, user name and password.

For Battle.net I did give my info because it isn't a forum and that info is private. Plus, I've registered all my games on there so I think it's important to give legit info for things like that because if anything were to happen to that account I would need the info to fix the problem.

In the Forums, it's a different story. Having to displaying private information is total stupidity. The best thing to do is to be required the info, but have the option to keep it private and the only people who would have access to it to be Blizzard only in cases where any personal info is needed, and the person to whom the registration belongs to.

I don't their little idea is gonna fly though.

Actually they changed B.Net slightly before they shut down beta. If you wanted to establish someone as your friend then you have to give them (or vice versa) the e-mail address your B.Net account is signed up to - the friends list displays your real name to that person.

Which I think is stupid. Just because I want to play some SC games with someone doesn't mean I want them to be life long friends, which seems to be Blizzard's approach with this Real ID thing. Blizzard just needs to Keep it Simple. If people want to exchange personal info ...they will.

Everyone else you aren't friends with should only be able to see your gamer handle.