APB - All Points Bulletin Thread

airman

Did anyone else preorder this?

I played the "Key to the City" event which gave ~5 hours of free gameplay. I had to say that APB is a thrill to me, combining an MMO with a first person shooter mixed with Grand Theft Auto, a solid driving engine and overall unique gameplay. I preordered it which allows players to start 3 days early, get an extra 10 hours of free gameplay, and several bonus items in game (car, clothing, etc).

I can't remember which server I'm on ATM as I'm not with my desktop. I'll be sure to post it up later this afternoon! But my character's name is airman, and I play as a criminal.

Notice: Your Steam purchase includes 50 hours of Action District gameplay and unlimited Social District gameplay. Also includes 100 RTW Points. Additional time purchase required after promotional time expires. See below for details.

Pre-Purchase now to receive the following special items:

Key to the City: June 12-19 – Includes 5 Hours of district gameplay and unlimited social gameplay

3 Days Early Game Access – Includes 10 Hours of district gameplay and unlimited social gameplay.

7 Exclusive In Game Items – Includes the Chicken and Strike a Pose Emote's, Criminal and Enforcer Cars, Criminal and CSA Outfit's along with a Pioneer Decal!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57500/

Did anyone else preorder this?

I played the "Key to the City" event which gave ~5 hours of free gameplay. I had to say that APB is a thrill to me, combining an MMO with a first person shooter mixed with Grand Theft Auto, a solid driving engine and overall unique gameplay. I preordered it which allows players to start 3 days early, get an extra 10 hours of free gameplay, and several bonus items in game (car, clothing, etc).

I can't remember which server I'm on ATM as I'm not with my desktop. I'll be sure to post it up later this afternoon! But my character's name is airman, and I play as a criminal.

I'm kind of interested in getting APB, but is it actually that good? I haven't read THAT much about it, could you explain it to me? :thx:

erm I have been interested in APB since it appeared on the horizon, so to speak. but recently I read something which turned me off to the concept entirely. they are going to charge PER MONTH besides the game's one time payment to let you play online. this is the reason I never got into WOW. monthly isn't for me.

confirm or deny?

erm I have been interested in APB since it appeared on the horizon, so to speak. but recently I read something which turned me off to the concept entirely. they are going to charge PER MONTH besides the game's one time payment to let you play online. this is the reason I never got into WOW. monthly isn't for me.

confirm or deny?

Confirm. It's an MMORPG in the Warcraft vein, albeit with its distinct differences of course.

• 4 weeks later...

so how is this game as of now. How large is the player base? I'd hate to spend $50 only to roam around all by myself (not literally but i'd like at least a large player base for all the features this game has)

Would i be better off just playing GTA 4 MP :P

Edited by damian