Call Of Pripyat

cjloki

just finished my first run thru of stalker, call of pripyat in dx11...it was an overall pretty good experience. the game is a little hard to get into at first because it starts with the presumption that you know all about the zone and stalkers and just puts you out there to figure it out for yourself. but then after you get to the second station the story starts to pick up and the action along with it....if you like the other stalkers and have a pretty good understanding of how to get around you will appreciate call of pripyat...i'm giving it an 8.2 out of 10...

cya

cj

Always loved the franchise. I find myself replaying SoC and CS, with hell mods. I've done a couple of play through with Call of Pripyat, good guy and bad guy ways lol. Now I'm on my third play through with the reloaded mod. If you have not tried it you should. The mod makes the game more difficult. You'll find that killing Burers and Controllers much more challenging. My favorite wep so far is Strelok's gun. Tide is my fave sniper rifle.

DO IT!!

i'm really starting to appreciate the finer qualities of dx11...the depth and clarity add a new diminsion to what developers are able to offer to the player; a better realism ...of course some are better than others but i'm gonna try to play as many of them as i can

i'm really starting to appreciate the finer qualities of dx11...the depth and clarity add a new diminsion to what developers are able to offer to the player; a better realism ...of course some are better than others but i'm gonna try to play as many of them as i can

Maybe I'll hold out then...idk, I'm sure my card will beast it fine and I doubt I'll be upgrading for a good bit longer

I myself just finished it for the first time and I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not even one crash on first run! (unlike clear sky which I had to patch like 10 times for that to happen). All the games are pretty much standalone and can be quite different at times ( I still think the original was the best). Favorite gun? Dragunov, maxed out for accuracy and damage. Without a doubt the weapon for instant kill from 1000m (none of that bullet drop in any of the situations one is liable to encounter in CoP). For up close and personal I had a modded GP37 (Strelok's gun is better stats-wise, and putting a night vision scope and a silencer on it make it awesome, but for some reason I like a GP37 with adjustable high contrast zoom a lot better. Later in the game I also found myself trying out a pretty sweet automated shotgun that when upgraded for fire rate/damage demolished anything that dared get near me (blood sucker in 2 blasts!). Also, exoskeleton upgraded to run is pretty much the shiznit. (very upset with the SEVA's lack of night vision). Man ... I think I'm about to go through the whole series. Here's to the whole month of July being consumed by video games! :cheers:

How big of a role does the story play in the stalker games? I have clear sky and played it for a good bit but found that I really either wasn't getting anywhere fast enough or that there is no story to it. I'd like to give the game another go but I really don't think I could play through if there isn't much of a story going on.

How big of a role does the story play in the stalker games? I have clear sky and played it for a good bit but found that I really either wasn't getting anywhere fast enough or that there is no story to it. I'd like to give the game another go but I really don't think I could play through if there isn't much of a story going on.

maxxed out gp37 is what i finished with..

clearsky just bugged me so i never did finish it, even though i put alot of time into it...

shadow of chernobyl is still one of my faves but the call of pripyat has some scarier places/situations yet...

the story line in this last one gives a better flow to the missions...it kind of brings it all together and makes for a cohesive game

Clear Sky to me was a bit of a disappointment, but still loved it. CoP is a bit too short in my opinion. SoC is still my favorite, install the mods on it where there is a blowout and you are able to cook artifacts is great.

I'm glad we are able to have the servo booster for the exoskeleton fof CoP. I'm also bummed out about not having been able to upgrade the Seva suite for night vis. Also there was a great Duty suit on SoC, wonder why they did not put it on CoP.

That auto shotty is just for pwnage LOL. I even used it for sniping mid range with the slug rounds hehehehe.

not playing CoP I can't comment too much but with the first two the story was a little poorly implemented but the gameplay was just so free and fun that it was WELL compensated for.