Complete newbie wanting to build a budget gaming rig

zaphthegreat

if both the connectors are not working u have not installed ur realtek sound drivers,same prob with my friend. :rolleyes:

Ah. No disk came with them. Can I assume those drivers are available online?

I'm not at home right now, but I'll try to look for them when I get back.

As a side note, it would have been nice on Antec's part to colour-code the jacks for the headphones and the microphone. It's not the end of the world, but it's a minor annoyance.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drivers for the onboard audio are available at both the motherboard maker's website or directly from Realtek's website.

Glad that you've got about all of it sorted! Congrats :)

Drivers for the onboard audio are available at both the motherboard maker's website or directly from Realtek's website.

Glad that you've got about all of it sorted! Congrats :)

I downloaded the drivers. Based on the fact that it had to uninstall the previous version, I'm guessing that the disk that came with my motherboard had already taken care of it.

After the download, the situation is the same: my speakers work, but my headphones don't.

I'm starting to think that Antec makes good cases, but crappy front panel audio jacks. I'm starting to think it because it's either that, or come to the conclusion that I'm an idiot. :)

It might be that windows isn't automatically going to the headphones when you plug them in. If the default windows volume icon appears in your taskbar then try right clicking that and click playback devices and see if your headphones are selected on the list.

Here is an example of mine if it helps.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/uploads/monthly_06_2010/post-66550-12756950081229_thumb.png

It might be that windows isn't automatically going to the headphones when you plug them in. If the default windows volume icon appears in your taskbar then try right clicking that and click playback devices and see if your headphones are selected on the list.

Here is an example of mine if it helps.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/uploads/monthly_06_2010/post-66550-12756950081229_thumb.png

Thanks. It's getting stranger. The headphones don't even show up in the list at all. Also, when I go into the Reaktek HD Audio Manager, the jacks for headphones and mic don't show anything plugged into them, no matter what I try to plug into them.

if both the connectors are not working u have not installed ur realtek sound drivers,same prob with my friend. :rolleyes:

I realized here there might be a misunderstanding.

The connectors in back of the PC - those that are part of the motherboard - are working well.

The headphones and mic connectors on the case don't seem to work. I've more or less thrown the towel on them, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm listening.

u dont need drivers for the ports of the mobo, its only required for the front audio port thats on the case,but if drivers are installed and still no connection seems like a faulty audio jack of the case. :pfp:

For cases, I'd recommend this one

COOLER MASTER CM690 II Advanced

Well built, fantastic cable mamagement and designed for ease of use and easy to get to parts. On top of that, it has a SATA drive dock on the top! Easily the best case in the $100 range in my opinion

+1 on the CM690II or the other suggested case of Lian Li K62B. They are both great value and perform well.