Looking for a headset

Onion

Got them today, and I have to say, this is the best headset I've used. Ever. They're really comfortable, they have a really solid sound, the mic is really clear, the 3 macro buttons on the side of the headset are a big plus, and the voice changer is really fun (aka messing around in call of duty). I highly recommend these if you can afford them.

Got them today, and I have to say, this is the best headset I've used. Ever. They're really comfortable, they have a really solid sound, the mic is really clear, the 3 macro buttons on the side of the headset are a big plus, and the voice changer is really fun (aka messing around in call of duty). I highly recommend these if you can afford them.

I have them myself and they're a really nice headset. I've heard better quality from my music headphones, but these are really enjoyable. Those macro buttons are GREAT for controlling iTunes which refuses to listen to my keyboard when minimized.

I'm looking for a new headset for about 80 bucks and below. Maybe a bit more if you convince me.

What I'm looking for: Circumaural fit, just like my previous one, the creative fatal1ty. USB. Built in microphone. Surround sound if possible. It has to be comfortable for extended use, mic has to be good, and strong bass if possible. Basically a creative sounds fatal1ty headset with better sound.

This is for use on the onboard sound of my p45.

I always prefer Panasonic or Sony you may try them as well.

• 2 weeks later...

how is the weight of the g35? i have a steel 5h sitting in the closet because it feels heavy. i've been using sennheiser pc 131 for a few years now. no complains except it hurts my ear after long use, but i guess most headphones are like that.

I would personally say buy a pair of Astro A40's

I bought a pair (along with the MixAmp, needed for my 360) and It is probably the BEST sound I have ever heard.

On top of that, when they are on, you can not hear ANYTHING outside of those headphones..... period!

On top of that, you can buy custom tags for them to make them customized to yourself and your GamerTag.

They are available in both Black & white.

Astro A40

Astro A40 System (Heatset + Mixamp)

EDIT: Added info

how is the weight of the g35? i have a steel 5h sitting in the closet because it feels heavy. i've been using sennheiser pc 131 for a few years now. no complains except it hurts my ear after long use, but i guess most headphones are like that.

At first, I noticed that they were a little bit tight, but I wouldn't say heavy. I usually forgot about them for an hour or so and then noticed my head feeling a bit sore, but a few days later they loosened up and feel great. I never notice them.

Do you consider it a big improvement over the Creative Fatal1ty's (my current headset)?

I consider these a huge improvement. I love how the mic can me moved up so that its out of the way and turns off, I love the macro keys on the side of the headset, the noise canceling is nice, and this headset has pretty good bass. It also seems much sturdier than the Creative Fatal1ty. The chord is weaved and super thick and the surround sound is well made on this headset, causing me to sometimes think my phone is ringing when watching a movie. The noise canceling is great, but the only downside to it is that when I'm talking to people on skype or playing MW2, I end up talking MUCH louder than normal.

I would not trade my G35 headset for anything in this world. I got them on a whim and was surprised to see how fantastic they really are.

The quality of sound, and comfort is bar none.