Shattered Horizon Update

Deathmineral

I hav'nt played too much shattered horizon, i still get killed alot but i think the last time i played i was getting the hang of the 0g, but the sniper scope on the rifle sucked so bad lol. WHats your steam name, i can add you and we'll meet up whenever we can - who knows maybe even start an OCC Squadron or somehting :D

I'm in for the OCC squadron, and I'm Guest_Jim_* in Steam as well (not too creative with names). Add me if you want as well.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in for the OCC squadron, and I'm Guest_Jim_* in Steam as well (not too creative with names). Add me if you want as well.

I am also up for it :P

I'm in. :D

Actually I'm going to play some right now so feel free to join in.

Edit: For some reason my computer doesn't seem to be capable of playing the game now so I guess I won't be playing it after all.

Edited by Deathmineral

I'm in. :D

Actually I'm going to play some right now so feel free to join in.

Edit: For some reason my computer doesn't seem to be capable of playing the game now so I guess I won't be playing it after all.

"Doesn't seem capable"? How so? :blink:

"Doesn't seem capable"? How so? :blink:

Apparently with the new patch came at least one glitch that is dropping framerates down considerably. Some people were at 60FPS at med-high settings and are now only pulling 10-20 at the lowest settings. Futuremark is working on it.

I am one of the fortunate ones, as apparently the HD 5770 is not effected (only performance drop I've seen is probably from full servers), but the 5800's, 4800's, and even the GTX 200's out there are having issues.

Every thread I see at the SH forums or on Steam about the performance drop makes me smile a little bit, as my $150 5770 is doing better than some considerably more expensive options. That has been one investment I am very glad to have made.

Apparently with the new patch came at least one glitch that is dropping framerates down considerably. Some people were at 60FPS at med-high settings and are now only pulling 10-20 at the lowest settings. Futuremark is working on it.

I am one of the fortunate ones, as apparently the HD 5770 is not effected (only performance drop I've seen is probably from full servers), but the 5800's, 4800's, and even the GTX 200's out there are having issues.

Every thread I see at the SH forums or on Steam about the performance drop makes me smile a little bit, as my $150 5770 is doing better than some considerably more expensive options. That has been one investment I am very glad to have made.

THAT EXPLAINS MY FRAME DROPS!

LOL sorry for the outburst but that puzzled me a bit! :D Haha!

Edited by Danrik

Was going to make this an edit, but wanted to make sure you saw it, Danrik. Just some more information on the situation.

As I said, the problem is being worked on. In fact one patch has already been released to try to help, but it hasn't gotten everything. According to one of the employees, the bug appeared after the last beta test, so they hadn't seen it.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon enough to push the numbers up even higher than the DLC has alone.

Just go to the Shattered Horizon Forums and you'll see. One person, at least, is reporting improvements from the 9.12 ATi Drivers.

Was going to make this an edit, but wanted to make sure you saw it, Danrik. Just some more information on the situation.

As I said, the problem is being worked on. In fact one patch has already been released to try to help, but it hasn't gotten everything. According to one of the employees, the bug appeared after the last beta test, so they hadn't seen it.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon enough to push the numbers up even higher than the DLC has alone.

Just go to the Shattered Horizon Forums and you'll see. One person, at least, is reporting improvements from the 9.12 ATi Drivers.

Yeah I went and checked it out and it's definitely a known problem now :P It's still playable for me but only just. Too long and I get a headache though <_<

EDIT: One day I'll post something that doesn't need to be edited for dumb reasons such as changing "=P" to ":P" :rolleyes:

Edited by Danrik

Thanks for the update guys, I could'nt play yesterday because i had to sit there for 40 mins or so Downloading the Steam and Shattered horizon updates :fakenopic: , i've added all of you except for Guest, because every time i try it tells me there is'nt anyone that goes by the name of Guest_Jim_* - are you sure thats how your Steam is written?

Okay Guest was :cool2: enough to come online to add me, so I've got all of you, i really think we have a good team here because me, Danrik and NUKE were playing the other night and it was really fun wasn't it guys? :thumbsup:

Okay Guest was :cool2: enough to come online to add me, so I've got all of you, i really think we have a good team here because me, Danrik and NUKE were playing the other night and it was really fun wasn't it guys? :thumbsup:

OH yeah man, a total blast! (no pun intended) :tongue:

Time for OCC to invade Shattered Horizon

It was so awesome! :D Hellaloads of fun!