Shattered Horizon Update

Deathmineral

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to join you guys sometime when the game is playable again.

By the way danrik, like your new avatar. :D

Music to my ears! Have you tried again? Performance seems to have improved a bit, I don't know if that's just me though.

And music to my ears! :woo: I guess a lot of people have a secret, or unnoticed respect for L4D's Witch

Music to my ears! Have you tried again? Performance seems to have improved a bit, I don't know if that's just me though.

And music to my ears! :woo: I guess a lot of people have a secret, or unnoticed respect for L4D's Witch

Looks like it's playing alright for me again.

I've always loved the witch, my favorite infected of any of them. :D

A patch has been released that apparently improves performance. Patch 1.2.0.26

SHATTERED HORIZON 1.2.0.26

* Performance optimizations

* Reload bugs fixed

* The pistol's overall accuracy has been improved

* The railgun is now more accurate when fired from a surface without using the scope

* The railgun wobble after each shot and after zoom-in is a bit shorter

* Player speed while using SMG or shotgun has been reduced slightly

* Player speed while using machinegun has been increased slightly

• 3 weeks later...

I've gone off Shattered horizon since the latest update, it ruined everything. My performance is worse (choppy at times, and i refuse to lower my details from Max because it was perfectly smooth before! :mad:)

The WORST thing of all though, is that they completely watered down the Assault rifle, i cant hit anything with it now. Just because some whiney little boys complained that it's too accurate.. well DUUUUH it was one of the weapons which is linked up to your HUD for greater accuracy during flight.. :glare:

Not playing SH until i hear Another patch is out to fix what this one's done.. Sorry NUKE i guess that Re-match will have to wait :(

I've gone off Shattered horizon since the latest update, it ruined everything. My performance is worse (choppy at times, and i refuse to lower my details from Max because it was perfectly smooth before! :mad:)

The WORST thing of all though, is that they completely watered down the Assault rifle, i cant hit anything with it now. Just because some whiney little boys complained that it's too accurate.. well DUUUUH it was one of the weapons which is linked up to your HUD for greater accuracy during flight.. :glare:

Not playing SH until i hear Another patch is out to fix what this one's done.. Sorry NUKE i guess that Re-match will have to wait :(

They have released a few more updates since Firepower to improve performance, so at least check and see how it is now, before writing it off. When was the last time you played?

It also seems to me now that the assault rifle is the pretty good. Not the original, but good compared to the other weapons. Of the fully automatic weapons we have now, it is the most powerful.

In any case, we are now on version 1.2.1.29, so you may want to check where you're at.

They have released a few more updates since Firepower to improve performance, so at least check and see how it is now, before writing it off. When was the last time you played?

It also seems to me now that the assault rifle is the pretty good. Not the original, but good compared to the other weapons. Of the fully automatic weapons we have now, it is the most powerful.

In any case, we are now on version 1.2.1.29, so you may want to check where you're at.

Im aware of the updates, and i am running the latest version. Last time i played was a few days ago, thats when i noticed the Lag/choppy spikes, it was worse then the previous version, dammit can't they just get it right for the 5870 cards for once? it was Fine at version 1.2.0.26 but the last few patches have been Lousy. In any case the ONLY 2 weapons i use are the Sniper and Assault Rifle, so i've grown Very accustomed to them and know how they work. It was either the choppy performance (which i doubt but its still a possibility) or they've toned it down.. Plus when i went back on everyone was joking about how there were no more 'AR Noobs' :erm:

That's weird, because I've been in matches where people were talking about how their 5870's were giving them 40-50+ frames at max settings. The lag/choppy spikes, are you sure those are graphics related and not connection related spikes? What is the frame rate you get?

Doesn't that kind of ruin the game? I mean these weapons should be balanced but if the assault rifle is more powerful then that's all anyone will use and it will make the firepower update pointless. Fixing the weapons should be their top priority right now. I haven't play in a while though so I can't say anything about the performance but I will play it when I get some time.

Edit: Just played around a little bit and was getting about 20 fps, playable but I used to get much higher, and this is at some rather low settings as well. I still think they need to fix these weapons, there should be no game where I can put 7 bullets into someone and they live, some of these weapons need to have the power increased to match the shotgun and railgun.

Doesn't that kind of ruin the game? I mean these weapons should be balanced but if the assault rifle is more powerful then that's all anyone will use and it will make the firepower update pointless. Fixing the weapons should be their top priority right now. I haven't play in a while though so I can't say anything about the performance but I will play it when I get some time.

Edit: Just played around a little bit and was getting about 20 fps, playable but I used to get much higher, and this is at some rather low settings as well. I still think they need to fix these weapons, there should be no game where I can put 7 bullets into someone and they live, some of these weapons need to have the power increased to match the shotgun and railgun.

This is weird, because with a 4850 you should be doing about as well as my 5770. I'm getting just above 20 FPS with everything maxed but anti-aliasing; that's at 2x. Though my processor is more powerful than yours, but I'm not sure if that should make such an impact. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to post something at the SH forums.

Yes, the weapons could stand some tweaking. I think the assault rifle is fine where it is, but definitely believe the machine gun needs to be more powerful. For a gun that big it should be more powerful than the assault rifle, in my opinion of course. Perhaps make the shotgun slower and something to deal with cross map head shots.. Railgun is fine. SMG is better now that they're no longer giving you max movement speed.