9800 GT is dieing

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My suggestion is save a little bit more and go for a GTX 260 - 216SP (normal, SC or SSC) by EVGA (if you go the green road) or the Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X (if you decided to turn ships and go the red lane)

I have looked at the 5770 and like them alot, but all need a 450w power supply(recommended) and I am not sure if my 400w will be enough. The 5770 is within my budget but not it and a PSU. It is kinda looking like a 250 might be my best bet.

400 watt may get by if it is a good one (check for reviews) and you don't have but one hard drive, optical drive, and you cpu/memory is not overclocked.

400 watt may get by if it is a good one (check for reviews) and you don't have but one hard drive, optical drive, and you cpu/memory is not overclocked.

1 hard drive---check

1 optical drive---check

unOCed cpu/memory----check

That is my set up to a tee. Just the good PSU I am unsure about. LOL

Delta Electronics, Inc

MODEL: DPS-400RB A REV:01 F

INPUT: 100-127V~/10A, 200-240V~/5A

OUTPUT: +12V1/16AMAX 12V2/16AMAX

MAX POWER: +5V/14AMAX +5VSB/2.8MAX

400W +3.3V/20AMAX-12V/0.3AMAX

+5V & +3.3V OUTPUT CAN'T EXCEED 140W

+5V & +3.3V 140W

+12V1 & +12V2 COMBINED CURRENT CAN'T EXCEED 30A

+12V1 & +12V2 30A

Specs on side of PSU

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 MINIMUM POWER SUPPLY REQUIREMENTS

• Minimum 400W or greater system power supply (with a minimum 12V current rating of 26A)
  • One 6-pin supplementary power connector

The HD5570 isn't too demanding power wise and something in the region of 250W~275W, absolute maximum, is all that will be required from the power supply for a fairly high spec PC with this graphics card installed. The Delta 400W power supply should therefore be adequate but I'll be honest, I'd be far happier if the power supply was something from Corsair, for example. The Delta power supplies aren't bad by all accounts but they tend to be used by the mass producers of pre-built PC's and in the industrail sector and aren't a brand that the PC enthusiast would even consider.