9800 GT is dieing

Bodycount, is your cooler filled with dust/card overheating?? if not what make is it?? if it's one of the lifetime warranty companies just send it in :)

No. I use a can of air on my computer at least once a month.

For air intake, I have one 120mm fan at the front bottom, one 5.25 bay fan, and one 80mm fan on the side panel.

For outtake, I have two 80mm fans in the back plus my PSU built in fan.

I also have a PCI slot double fan blowing straight up at my video card.

According to EVGA Precision, my video card on idle is at 59C, and during the game in raids around 75C. I have the video card fan set at 100% all the time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm that's odd, are you able to try the card in anyone other's computer??

Well I could try it in my wifes computer but the artifacts only sometimes happen. Right now maybe once a week and only if I play longer than 3-4 hours at a time. So if I try it in her computer, most likely I won't see them.

I have a AMD 955BE overclocked to 3.9Ghz so right now this 9800GT is my bottleneck.

I'm looking at this 260 that newegg is selling: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130433

Again I only play warcraft so I don't need the biggest and best graphics card. I think this 260 will meet my needs for raiding and full graphics on everything playing at 1920x1080 resolution.