Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package PC - Prize 14,99

Jump4h

Just saw the ad on steam; IW wants us to pay 15 € for the DLC on PC! That's just plain retarded. the maps didin't even seem that good, and even the dlc maps on cod4 were free. Also, I saw on facebook that there will be 3 CoD titles in 2 years.

It makes me sad how low Activision goes to milk the brand. I can just remember everyone gasping on how great cod2 was.. Good times..

Edited by Jump4h

I knew they were gonna make you pay the price for DLC and soon as Activision incorporated steam into its game.. such bull crap. I really don't want to buy it but I really enjoy playing the game..

Edited by FUZi0N

This will be the ultimate failure of IW. First they charge an absurd amount for a half assed expansion to Modern Warfare, now they are charging $15.00 for a few maps. Only the idiots will actually pay for this.

As much as I hate that they made the price tag $15, I wouldn't say it's fair that people are expecting this kind of thing for free. As a PC gamer I can completely understand the feeling of wanting this kind of thing for free but it is DLC still, it's content created and added to the game after the game's released and it doesn't change the way the game plays at all, it doesn't give anyone more advantages over anyone else so I think as something that is simply meant to add to the fun should cost a little. I don't want to call anyone an idiot for buying this but I think it is a little foolish to pay that kind of money of for 5 maps, 2 of which a lot of people already own, I think this would be fine though if it didn't cost $15. I think the price should be $2.50 or $5.

I don't know about you but I remember back when they used to release new maps all the time for games for free. Like TF2, CS, DoD, Quake 1,2,3&4, Unreal, the old Call of Duty's should I keep going or did I prove my point.

I don't know about you but I remember back when they used to release new maps all the time for games for free. Like TF2, CS, DoD, Quake 1,2,3&4, Unreal, the old Call of Duty's should I keep going or did I prove my point.

:withstupid: And, having the register to steam and using IWNEt means noone can create maps, mods or any kind of that stuff. Total bullsh!t if u ask me.

I do remember it, I still experience it today even, valve's passing campaign on L4D2 was a great freebie. :D

Honestly, as much as I hate to see activision doing this sort of stuff, there really isn't a thing that can be done about it. As long as there are people that support the company and this way of business then it will continue. This certainly isn't anything new though, the only reason the cod4 map pack was free was because nvidia sponsored it, I think that would have cost something if they hadn't sponsored it.

Believe, I am in no way trying to defend what they are doing here but I do think they have some right to market something like a map pack. I think the main reason consoles get the short stick on this kind of thing is because the most popular one is the xbox and microsoft loves making money anyway they can. I mean if you compare the way DLC works on the 360, PS3, and PC, you can kind of see that the 360 is highway robbery as a lot of PC DLC is free or cheap and most of the PS3's DLC is usually free or cheap.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone really. If the gaming community supports this kind of thing then it's just going to happen more.

Also, I just want to throw this out there for anyone that thinks activision isn't just a bunch of greedy people, I would have to say it is by no means a coincidence that COD4 went on sale for the same price at the same as the release of their MW2 map pack, one way or another, activision plans to get the money out of people.

Edited by Deathmineral