26 Degrees IDLE i5 750 on stock cooling

hello i just finished building my i5 system and i dont know what is the best software for temp monitoring but im getting 26 degrees using this software, is this ok

many regards Mitchell

post-69295-1270804344_thumb.png

idle temperatures dont really matter its all about ur load temps,which is very high,but wht can u expect from stock cooling

Joel I think you're confusing the distance to TJ Max with load temps. Realtemp records the maximum temperature while it has been running, and the highest is core 1 at 36C. Idling at 26C is generally a good number, but load temps, like Joel said, are what really matter. Idle temps can be an indicator though.

As they said, it's about load temps, idle doesn't matter as long as load is in check.

Also, lol his idle is LOWER than the outside temperature where I live. :lol:

wow thanx for the replys, ummm i will do a stress test could you tell me what would be the ideal software for my i5 to stress the heck out of it.

many regards Mitchell

wow thanx for the replys, ummm i will do a stress test could you tell me what would be the ideal software for my i5 to stress the heck out of it.

many regards Mitchell

There are a lot . Look up occt. Its not bad, takes about 5 minutes. ;)

ok i stressed the cpu with IBT for 5 mins and the max temp i got was in low 70's and thats with a minor overclocker at 3.00GHZ 1.20Vcore , i have a v8 coolermaster but i havent gotten the 1156 mounting brackets yet so i should be ok to take it to 3.5ghz wen i strap on my V8

post-69295-1270842337_thumb.png

i wouldnt even try overclocking until you have the v8 on it. the stock cooling isnt adequate enough

also running a stress test for 5 minutes wont cut it. you need to run it for at least an hour. some people like to run it longer than that even.

Edited by ShallowBay

ok i stressed the cpu with IBT for 5 mins and the max temp i got was in low 70's and thats with a minor overclocker at 3.00GHZ 1.20Vcore , i have a v8 coolermaster but i havent gotten the 1156 mounting brackets yet so i should be ok to take it to 3.5ghz wen i strap on my V8

id keep pusing, its good up to 100c, to OC without worry is to not OC at all :D