Recommendations for good gaming headset...

R1P5AW

I'm looking for a good gaming headset..

What do you guys have/recommend?

Opinions on Logitech G35?

Thanks OCC'rs

Edited by R1P5AW

I think this should go in the audio section. :P

I personally use the Sennheiser HD-280 headphones for all my games. Much better sound with them then any other "gaming" headset I've tried and owned. If I want to use it as a headset, I'd probably just buy a clip on microphone that would attach to the cord and then I'd be set.

The only one I've owned that would compare to the HD-280s would be another Sennheiser product, the PC150 headset. That one had amazing quality for the audio as well as the microphone. All my squad mates commented on how I no longer sounded like I was talking through a tin can since the mic on the PC150 was so crisp and clear. If I had to get a headset, I'd probably opt for the Sennheiser PC-350.. the headphones are based on the newer model of the set I own, just they are designed with gaming in mind and have the attached mic. Everything I've heard about them have been outstanding and I know a few people who use them and wouldn't use them for anything else. They aren't a surround headset but they imitate it pretty well.

lol, ekiM already posted the 350s.. ah well.

I'm not looking to spend too much coin.

Just something with solid sound and a mic. Maybe a refurbed G35. That Creative Fatality looks like a good option as well...

+1 for Creative Fatality

I have this headset, sounds great and the MIC is solid. Pretty comfortable.

Edited by InCrYsIs

+1 for Creative Fatality

Ah? I don't think so... I used to wear Creative fatality when playing games but it really hurt me!!! My head and my ear were just like being burned when wearing this for more than just an hour! refering to my own experience, I hope you have other choice than Creative. :angry2:

I like the RAZER Carcharias. Have owned these for over a year now and love them. I have tried a few sets of Creative fatality headsets they are nice but two out of 3 carped out on me with in 6 months. Both my wife and I own Razer Carcharias and I have a friend that has a set and loves them. They are sturdy take a lot of abuse and sound great. I have spent many all day and most the night lan party's with them on my head and they feel great. The only problem I have had is occasionally I jump up to get a drink or a snack and try to walk away from my pc with them still on my head.