Remembering Verran Contest

Bosco

I think people should be focusing not on winning, but the fact that they participated, that they wrote something nice about Verran, memories, and how hard it must be for Bosco.

Thank you Bosco and Ccokeman.

:withstupid: Totally agree. Sure, winning is cool and everything but people need to remember why this contest is being run. We lost a much loved member of the community (family) and this contest is in remembrance of him, Verran. This way everyone will always remember him and what he brought to the site, so even if you don't win, you should still feel blessed that someone as special as him was a member of this site.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this sounds like a crazy idea but we should see if we could get some hardware manufacturer to name one of the products Verran. Like maybe a cooler or something like that.

I know this sounds like a crazy idea but we should see if we could get some hardware manufacturer to name one of the products Verran. Like maybe a cooler or something like that.

Dude, this would be epic! It could suck and I'd probably still buy several of them.

Doubt it will happen, but who knows, Dave might be able to pull some strings....

First off I want to say THANK YOU, there was a lot of great things said about Ryan. This took me a lot longer then I thought between wiping my eyes and going through everything I enjoyed every min of it.

I want to say congrats to all the winners and Thank You to those that didn't. There was a few bad apples but I will say this nobody tried to cheat thank you for that.

System 1 - ebarone

AMD 635 (Supplied by (AMD)

Asus M4A79T Deluxe (Supplied by Asus)

Mushkin 4GB DDR3 (Supplied by Mushkin)

2TB Seagate Barracuda XT Harddrive (Supplied by Seagate)

XFX 5770 (Supplied by XFX)

LG DVDRW (Supplied by Bosco)

Thermaltake Contac 29 CPU Cooler (Supplied by Thermaltake)

Thermaltake V3 Case (Supplied by Thermaltake)

Thermaltake Purepower 700 Watt PSU (Supplied by Thermaltake)

System 2 - Zerox12

AMD 635 (Supplied by (AMD)

Asus M4A79 Deluxe (Supplied by Asus)

Mushkin DDR2 4GB (Supplied by Mushkin)

2TB Seagate Barracuda XT Harddrive (Supplied by Seagate)

XFX 5770 (Supplied by XFX)

LG DVDRW (Supplied by Bosco)

Thermaltake Contac 29 CPU Cooler (Supplied by Thermaltake)

Thermaltake V3 Case (Supplied by Thermaltake)

Thermaltake Purepower 700 Watt PSU (Supplied by Thermaltake)

Asus

2 X P7P55D Premium - BTSchnarfy, Krazypoloc

1 X Xonar HDAV 1.3 Slim - f!ver

1 X Asus RT-N13U Router - Dr. Bowtie

Noctua

1x Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler - Dariuas

1x Coolink Corator DS CPU Cooler - Munkypoo7

2x Noctua Kit consisting of 1x NF-S12B FLX 120mm Fan, 1x NF-P14 140mm

fan & 1x NT-H1 thermal compound - XxHellxRaizerxX, road-runner

2x Coolink Kit consisting of 1x SWiF2 120mm PWM Fan, 1x SWiF2 92mm PWM

Fan, 1x SWiF2 80mm PWM Fan & Chillaramic Thermal Compound - TraptPatriot, CAINuKe

Diamond

5450 Video Card - bp9801

TV Tuner - Krazyxazn

2 X Mini Rockers Mobile Speakers - Nemo, XiXVenomXiX

Visiontek

Killer Xeno Network Gaming Card - sdy284

Titan

2 X BBQ grilled blower - IVIYTH0S, Psywar

Patriot

1 X Box Office - incrysis

1 X 4GB DDR3 Kit - Jack_of_java

NZXT

Hades Case - wevsspot

Sentry 2 - ajmatson

IU01 - pezcore

InWin

Alpha 360 Case - kevinz90

F430 Case - cjloki

B2 Case - Ryu Hayabusa

Commander 650Watt PSU - davidst

NA Enclosure - WReXSTi

Coolermaster

5 X Sential Advance Mouse - retiredat44, Darth_Tom, RogerDeath, tkrow21, PUTALE1

Xtracpads

3 X Logic Surfaces. Black, Hex, and Pink - Hienrich Jager, brsett, UkJenT

OCC

Geil Black Dragon 6GB - flareback

Thermtaltake Silent 1156 CPU Cooler - bob saget

Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H - tcath2o

Before anyone asks when is my prize getting shipped I want to address it. This week was very long for me personally between this contest and having to put one of my dog's down, this week its been a rough ride and I am burnt out to say the least. I will make every and all effort to contact companies this week to get your prizes shipped out in a timely fashion. For those Two Grand Prizes winner please be patient as we we will be testing the hardware before being shipped to you.

Thats all for now if you have any questions let me know.

Again Thank You.

Dave

I can see it now.

The Cooler Master Verran case.

It would have 12 fans, be easy to work with, and have a mounting system for liquid cooling with a jet turbine. It would be epic!

EDIT: Congratulations to all the contest winners! That post just popped out of nowhere. :O

Edited by Miek

Oh my good god, thats an amazing idea! I know some game developers, I can see if they would be willing to make Verran a name of a king or someone of honor in a coming game as well.

First off I want to say THANK YOU, there was a lot of great things said about Ryan. This took me a lot longer then I thought between wiping my eyes and going through everything I enjoyed every min of it.

I want to say congrats to all the winners and Thank You to those that didn't. There was a few bad apples but I will say this nobody tried to cheat thank you for that.

Thanks Bosco! And believe me when I say, I have had to do the same thing with a dog before. I am sorry for that loss as well my friend.

Congratulations to everyone! I am going to name my Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Verran!

Edited by Dariuas

haha, what am I going to do with that gaming network card :bah:

cool that i won something though

If you don't want to use it, you could put it up on the "Free to a good home" thread. It'd kind of be in the spirit of helping others. Plus, you'd make someone very happy. :P

I'll use it, it'll be interesting to see if it actually works or not :)

hopefully my pr0n will DL faster :bah:

That's a genius idea! Imagine! You could download it WHILE WATCHING SOME ON A SEPARATE SCREEN.

*mind is blown*