20" vs 27"

Tiltentei06

Hey i was wondering about, and this may be a noob question, but anyways heres my question. Will you get the same fps on two different size screens. Lets say a full hd 22" and a 27" full hd. Running both screens with same pc and on 1920x1080 resolution. I got a feeling that the 27" will get lower fps but im checking with you experts about this.

Edited by Tiltentei06

Your graphics card sees all 1920x1080 monitors the same, the larger monitor just has larger pixels and/or larger pixel pitch (spacing between pixels).

So the FPS will be the same at the same resolution no matter what the size of the monitor

Your graphics card sees all 1920x1080 monitors the same, the larger monitor just has larger pixels and/or larger pixel pitch (spacing between pixels).

So the FPS will be the same at the same resolution no matter what the size of the monitor

:withstupid:

You'll be more apt to notice FPS spikes and blur on larger monitors, but actual FPS will remain the same regardless.

that is sort of not the whole story

input lag will occur depending on the TV size and quality

but on a 20-27" it means nothing pretty much

That's not what he was asking but display lag is determined mostly by the panel type and whatever is driving it versus anything else. Some of the "highest quality" displays have the highest input lag.

That's not what he was asking but display lag is determined mostly by the panel type and whatever is driving it versus anything else. Some of the "highest quality" displays have the highest input lag.

+1, I know of a few monitors that are great for graphics design because of their extremely high quality colors, but fall flat when it comes to gaming.