R1P5AW

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was actually being semi serious this time <_>

you see, when water reaches a certain temperature point its ability to dissipate heat through the radiator will reach an equilibrium with the amount of heat the system is absorbing. if the equilibrium is shifted in the wrong way, such as under full load as compared to boot up, the result is the overall temperature will increase until equilibrium is once again reached. now, with an air system the difference is that you have an unlimited supply of air that should always be around ambient room temperature where as the water system is confined to its water tank reservoir and the one issue here is the h50 has a relatively small reservoir.

Yes that is true, when water reaches a certain temperature, it is true, its ability to cycle heat in a cool system such as a car or a computer in our case will diminish. But you have to think of why. Well I have been running my WC set-up with folding going on the GPU and Prime 95 running and Its been hanging out at 48c for a while. I take that back just bounced to 49c because my room is reaching 75'F rather then 72'F. Which Brings me to my Point. In a good water cooling system that is operating properly the temperature will not change more then a degree or two at load upwards or downwards after the water has reached its highest temperature. What you have to think about here is the reliability of air going into the system. Air cooling is no different. If you build your system to suit your computers needs then you Will not have to think about equilibrium too much. That's where the corsair system will struggle as Spud stated it has too little of a res and a Extremely small radiator. Increase the Size of the radiator and reservoir and Presto it would work fine. Or even change the Ambient temperature of my room and it could do it Maybe. Point of me saying is what applies to water cooling applies to air cooled system. There is just one extra step added to the Picture. The water is simply moved, Via water, to the Heat-sink.

Edit... I'm placing my Wager in the D14. Mobo Cracker for the WIN

Edited by boinker

I was actually being semi serious this time <_<

you see, when water reaches a certain temperature point its ability to dissipate heat through the radiator will reach an equilibrium with the amount of heat the system is absorbing. if the equilibrium is shifted in the wrong way, such as under full load as compared to boot up, the result is the overall temperature will increase until equilibrium is once again reached. now, with an air system the difference is that you have an unlimited supply of air that should always be around ambient room temperature where as the water system is confined to its water tank reservoir and the one issue here is the h50 has a relatively small reservoir.

Having a larger reservoir simply makes it take longer for the system to reach steady-state and rarely effects cooling efficiency except when the reservoir is cooled as well (radiation helps slightly but almost immeasurably for most setups). Larger radiators help keep the water supply cooler and hence perform better and take longer to reach steady-state.

Edited by Waco

In order for the h50 to work correctly IMHO you need fans shooting in the correct direct, the push pull config is what has worked best for me and it does a beautiful job in my case because it has a monster fan at the top that shoots out air like crazy. Also i did not use the fan they gave me with the h50 I chose to use the antec fan that came with my case and it provided more air flow. So i believed that both coolers are excellent it just depends on what kind of case you have and what kind of fan setup you plan on doing.

In order for the h50 to work correctly IMHO you need fans shooting in the correct direct, the push pull config is what has worked best for me and it does a beautiful job in my case because it has a monster fan at the top that shoots out air like crazy. Also i did not use the fan they gave me with the h50 I chose to use the antec fan that came with my case and it provided more air flow. So i believed that both coolers are excellent it just depends on what kind of case you have and what kind of fan setup you plan on doing.

Thats a good point.

I'm using two fans in push/pull as intake with the 230mm HAF 932 fan sucking air off the top. Pretty good setup for the H50 IMO

Thats a good point.

I'm using two fans in push/pull as intake with the 230mm HAF 932 fan sucking air off the top. Pretty good setup for the H50 IMO

Sorry about the double post. New to the forums here and I was a little confused when I tried to edit my post.

Moving forward..When you install the h50 also make sure that your fan controller (in bios) for the heatsink fan is now disable. Doing so will allow for maximum power delivered to your h50.

Sorry about the double post. New to the forums here and I was a little confused when I tried to edit my post.

Moving forward..When you install the h50 also make sure that your fan controller (in bios) for the heatsink fan is now disable. Doing so will allow for maximum power delivered to your h50.

Yep..

You should introduce yourself :thumbs-up: