GTX 480 Benchmarks on Official nVidia video :)

40 nm has proven difficult to both companys.. ati just has a leap on it. Personnally id like to see super high overclocks on both and see what they really can do... who knows maybe the nvidia doesnt overclock for . or maybe it will be the most amazing overclocker to date. I do however know there must be a reason for all these super high end overclockible cards coming from ati... special pcbs cooling solutions etc... 3 special edition 5970s and couting.. 3 or 4 5870s .. gotta be something to it... as for the release yes we know the offical release of the card is march 26th but sources ive seen say dont expect to actually get your hands on it till may. Either way i would like to see a bunch of benchmarks to get a real feel for the card by a non bias source. Do you really think a company will speak ill of there product and well the other company has us beat or even tied?

Edited by unknownuser200

Just because Nvidia didn't have as big of a bombshell as the 58XX series,

doesn't mean the company is in trouble...especially if you consider what people still were/are paying for 285&295's (even right now)

Think about how long ATI was behind for, didn't destroy their company, it actually allowed for a bigger company (AMD) to come along and buy em' up and ship them back into shape.

Just like countries, companys shift and change all the time.

But to say because a card isn't the king a company is in trouble, is kinda silly.

- Side note

I am a Overclocker, and i don't care what you say,

You give me some Nvidia and im still sold.

Thats why i spend the money for Intel, OC Headroom. Same with Nvidia Cards

- Side note

If I had the money for a 920, I'd be right there with you.

Quite disappointing considering the hype and the benchmark showing off the card's power in ideal conditions... ran by NVIDIA themselves with god knows what kind of trickery going on...

Sorry but theres not much talk besides explaining what tesselation does and I think we already know what it does, afteral its been on show for a couple of months now, abbeit not to its full potental but he makes it sound like nVidia are the 1st to come out with tesselation <_< and again we also know that this extra tesselation power is still useless unless its utilized by Developers in games/benchmarks, i had expected this card to be at the very least 30Fps faster constant against the 5870, Still its nice to see something on the card.

Alot of Game dev's still work with nvidia, thats a fact. Its good to see that ATI's started doing the same.. but they're taking there damn time and being so selective! They should pick up any Dev that nvidia has'nt already snatched up and possibly try to bribe some of the green team Devs to come over with cookies and milk? they need to work more with them and they know it, still they've gotten off to a good start (Dirt2 and AVP)

Keep in mind, despite the small difference in the Benchmark scores, We'll be seeing a lot more nvidia "optimized" games upon its launch, which means that with some work (and probably a little sabotage to the competition, hehe sorry couldnt resist) The GTX 4XX Series will outperform the ATI cards anyway. That being said, ATI is spewing out new drivers and ones that actually dont suck, and they improve the performance of Games as they come, So dont think that the 5XXX series wont improve over time too, Just look at the 4870X2 ;)

Just because Nvidia didn't have as big of a bombshell as the 58XX series,

doesn't mean the company is in trouble...especially if you consider what people still were/are paying for 285&295's (even right now)

Think about how long ATI was behind for, didn't destroy their company, it actually allowed for a bigger company (AMD) to come along and buy em' up and ship them back into shape.

Just like countries, companys shift and change all the time.

But to say because a card isn't the king a company is in trouble, is kinda silly.

- Side note

your not a fanboy or anything