(KB971033) Windows Activation Screwed Up My OS!

MJCRO

So I installed a couple of new updates last night, but one of them I viewed the details later for was an Microsoft activation product key checker and it ended up thinking my copy of Windows is not genuine. I purchased this copy through the online deals they gave to students and it always never gave me a problem until now? Anyone having problems with this?

I hate this update :angry2: it's the only one that win7 (even the beta) will never install!! It says it installs correctly then when i restart it's like "Oh hi, I'm back!"

The worst part is that it doesn't stay hidden when I tell it too :angry2:

I got this Win7 Professional legit through that school thing so idk what gives :unsure:

Guest ajmatson

I also have a student edition that I downloaded and so far no issues due to the updates. Did you get it from the Ultimate Steal?

KB971033, i read about this just this morning and its not a pretty sight, the problem is that i cant seem to find it anywhere, on windows update OR on my computer, so i have no idea if its installed. I did a search for it showing hidden file and checked 'uninstall programs' and selected veiw updats, its not there so i guess its not installed BUT how comes its not on windows update when i check for new updates? :huh:

I also have a student edition that I downloaded and so far no issues due to the updates. Did you get it from the Ultimate Steal?

Yeah I got it through student deal, forgot what website, I was supposed to get the download link for Win 7 Pro x64, but it ended up not working and so I called up the site and this woman gave me the ISO for Win 7 Ultimate both x86 & x64, with unlimited licensing keys, I've used this disk many times on my same system after wipes and stuff. This is soooo frustrating! :angry2:

that Update was Optional for me...

Meaning on 4 of the 5 rigs I just reloaded I did NOT need to install it...but beings these ARE legit copies I installed it anyways....It went fine and everything is good...

I would say Call MS and hash it over with them...hopefully the places you guys got the copies from were in fact legit and this is just a simple mistake...

Meaning on 4 of the 5 rigs I just reloaded I did NOT need to install it...but beings these ARE legit copies I installed it anyways....It went fine and everything is good...

I would say Call MS and hash it over with them...hopefully the places you guys got the copies from were in fact legit and this is just a simple mistake...

Yeah, I'm gonna uninstall this and give MS a call to find out what the hell is going on! :lol:

Yeah I got it through student deal, forgot what website, I was supposed to get the download link for Win 7 Pro x64, but it ended up not working and so I called up the site and this woman gave me the ISO for Win 7 Ultimate both x86 & x64, with unlimited licensing keys, I've used this disk many times on my same system after wipes and stuff. This is soooo frustrating! :angry2:

That's where you/they went wrong. Those keys aren't legal for you to use.

Yeah I might do that, I did d/l it right from them. I screenshotted the page with my product key on it too.