Water Cooling

So I want to set up a wc unit in the system in my sig (just to cool the cpu) but im not sure what to get. I would like to spend under $200 including fittings and such.

Any Ideas?

And my case is a Thermaltake Xaser VI

Edited by GodlyManDude540

So I want to set up a wc unit in the system in my sig (just to cool the cpu) but im not sure what to get. I would like to spend under $200 including fittings and such.

Any Ideas?

And my case is a Thermaltake Xaser VI

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/coliki.html

A little over your $200 threshold but well worth it IMHO. I have one on my i7.

You can do better for less money. Go to Petras and look up these parts

Dangerden D5 Vario Pump

Swiftech MCR220 or 320

Swiftech Appogee GTZ block

You can buy these 3 for right about $200and pick up some vinyl tubing and screw clamps at lowes for about 10 to 15 bucks. Water cooling on the cheap!

Water cooling is a method of heat removal from components. As opposed to air cooling, water is used as the heat transmitter. Water cooling is commonly used for cooling internal combustion engines in automobiles and large electrical generators. The main mechanism for water cooling is convective heat transfer.

Dangerden D5 Vario Pump

Swiftech MCR220 or 320

You can buy these 3 for right about $200and pick up some vinyl tubing and screw clamps at lowes for about 10 to 15 bucks. Water cooling on the cheap!

I would agree if every time i went to petras they weren't out of stock on basically every thing i wanted.

i got one sucessful order and it seems every other time they have nothing in stock i want

Dangerden D5 Vario Pump

Swiftech MCR220 or 320

If you're going to spend $215 why not spend the extra $25 and get a reservoir and the XT water block and get it all in one package without having to run out to Lowes? Not worth it IMHO.

I would agree if every time i went to petras they weren't out of stock on basically every thing i wanted.

i got one sucessful order and it seems every other time they have nothing in stock i want

I know,, everything is out of stock... I felt like asking them "what is in stock"

I emailed them about putting an order together to ship to canada and they just told me they are not selling to canada right now and gave me a link to their competition... I couldn't believe it lol

Edited by feetfats

there is a good set-up from petrastechshop.com. check out the pre-configured kits. they are a good value.

Last time I p/a'ed (price and availibilty'ed) a set-up for a friend that is all bought seperate it was around 280 usd. the kits are competitive with that.

To be honest with the case you are looking at the best way imho would be to mount the rad outside the case so the mid priced kit would suffice.

Edited by boinker

OP- I'm currently piecing together a WC loop and have the same budget as you.

Firstly- I highly recommend perusing forums and eBay is definitely your friend here. Used is so much cheaper.

With that being said here's my sub $200 loop that I just pieced together in the last few weeks:

Danger Den MC-TDX water block

Swiftech MCP-655 speed controller pump

Black Ice GTX360 Rad

Most likely using fillport on my HAF 932 and no res

All 1/2" barbs

Tubing: 1/2" ID 3/4" OD

I'm a first-time wc'er posting a worklog for it and the link is in my sig. Good luck

EDIT:

I forgot to add that pretty much all of my parts I got used off of forums so that is why it is sub-$200. Also I have a Laing D4 pump unused if interested ;)

Edited by R1P5AW

Microcenter has most of it in stock all the time for competitive prices.

Ripsaw, THe GTX series f Rads are nice but really you need some high CFM fans to get the most from it. My GTX240 does best with high CFM high pressure fans. This equals loud. The MCR 220 actually does better for me than the GTX 240.