This is redicious!

made a bench ... and took some temps before hand in case ... and temps with out of case... i dropped 10*C per core... 18*C NB drop motherboard 15*C SB 12*C and strangely enough powersupply 13*C drop

deff time for a new case! to me this is horrible... there should not be that much of a heat build at IDLE!

Still have to do a test under full load but i suspect the results will be similar

mind you my current case has EIGHT 60 CFM case fans! (noiseblocker multiframe)

Edited by unknownuser200

What is the ratio of intake and exhaust fans? Perhaps there is an imbalance there that might disrupt airflow? Is the layout of the fans messing with the airflow so that it doesn't flow well near the cpu?

What is the ratio of intake and exhaust fans? Perhaps there is an imbalance there that might disrupt airflow? Is the layout of the fans messing with the airflow so that it doesn't flow well near the cpu?

I only see 1 exhaust fan so far! - the PSU

room temp is 22*C both times ... right now its 4 intake 4 exhaust.. 3 front intake 1 bottom intake... 1 rear intake 3 top exhaust. Dust filters are cleaned every other day. I cant honestly see whats in the way that i could move? theres nothing in the way of the intake fans ot exhaust fans all wires are routed around them... The i beleave it has alot to do with the case design itself that is just better suited for water cooling. Im going to invest in another case..

:P even before theses pix you can clearly see atleast 2 fans :P

1001094a.jpg

1001096p.jpg

1001097.jpg

my ghetto bench :P lol

Edited by unknownuser200

No, he doesn't have good airflow. Getting the hot air out should be a priority over getting cool air in, because air will get in even if you don't have any fans, through the vents and other non-sealed areas of the case. You need negative pressure to get the air really flowing, which means you need more exhaust fans than intake fans.

If you look at the case now, your intake fans are flooding the front with cool air, but with all the obstructions in the way, the exhaust fans can't pull all that air out fast enough. This leads to pockets of stale air in the case, which leads to a rise in your temps. Even the cheapest case can have low temps as long as there's enough hot air being exhausted.

I would suggest converting one of the intake fans into an exhaust fan, or simply removing it altogether. Actually, I think getting rid of the bottom intake would be best, since that's the one messing with your case's front to back airflow. The cool air coming in from the front is being pushed straight up through the exhaust fans on top rather than getting to the CPU and motherboard.

i unplugged this fan about 5 mins ago and im seeing a slow increase in temps soo far 3*C i will give it more time though... what really blows my mind is i can put a stack of napkins on the top of the case and it takes about 20 stacked high before they even start to sink lol its possessed! im wondering alot if it has to do with the fact the fans are a good 3 inchs above the motherboard and they just simply lose suction at that distance... and the ones up front are doing nothing because there so far away and just simply blowing are there cool air out the closest cracks. This all being because its not crazy high air movement.... just thoughts, nothing to back them up... when i get a new case... someone can have this one if they wanna experiment with it.. wish i could undstand this though

Edit: looking over my information the most significant drops have been in the video cards... up to 20*C ! wounder if the way the intake and exhaust air has anything to do with my troubles?

Edited by unknownuser200

Yea, looks like the bottom fan was pushing the cool air away from your video cards, which meant that the cards were just recycling hot air. At least you got some improvement. :)