R1P5AW's Work Log

R1P5AW

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well after a couple BSoDs I had to up the Vcore to 1.30. Prime 95 is going on 2 hours and all is fine (I'll keep testing)

Also, running Eyefinity in gaming I wanted to up performance so I pulled the trigger on an ASUS 5870. Should be coming soon :D

You should throw 10-15 passes of Intel Burn Test at it as well. That'll REALLY stress your setup and honestly, if you can pass both, you're pretty darn rock solid. I used to use primarily Prime95/OCCT but I've since moved to using both Prime and IBT. Gives me that extra confidence in my overclock, although admittedly I did have to pump a little more voltage into the chip to get it stable through both. But if it's gonna be stable through 10-15 rounds of IBT, chances are it's gonna pass 12-24 hours of Prime95. Just my two cents.

You should throw 10-15 passes of Intel Burn Test at it as well. That'll REALLY stress your setup and honestly, if you can pass both, you're pretty darn rock solid. I used to use primarily Prime95/OCCT but I've since moved to using both Prime and IBT. Gives me that extra confidence in my overclock, although admittedly I did have to pump a little more voltage into the chip to get it stable through both. But if it's gonna be stable through 10-15 rounds of IBT, chances are it's gonna pass 12-24 hours of Prime95. Just my two cents.

That's a great recommendation-thanks!

I never really messed around with IBT but just threw 10 rounds at 16 threads and passed-Looks like I'm stable at 4.0GHz!

4425839281_20171bbc4e_b.jpg

EDIT: And to just clarify, I do not OC through TurboV but have it open to display settings ;)

Edited by R1P5AW

Looks like you've got a pretty decent chip there. Congrats on the new setup! I've considered stepping up to an i7 but since I'm joining the USAF at the end of the year just decided to wait and build one once I get through with training and get my posting. No telling what goodies will be available then!

All in all, nice rig, my friend. Rock on.