Peltier cooler

Danny_75

Uhh yeah... A car battery charger is going to put out 12V - 14V of crappy power, and isn't intended to have such a large draw. I'm guessing that you will kill your charger, or something won't work right. Yes, it can start a car, but It can't run a starter all day long, only for a few seconds and then it needs a break. You're going to try and draw double the intended charge level from your charger... (unless it's a really expensive one). Now, please talk about your cooling solution. That -15 deg chiller or whatever it is might become useless or damaged when you give it 300W - 400W of heat to take care of...

Ye the charger will be fine its not the sort of thing you see in the shops (i own a garage) moving on.

The water cooler is just a stand alone unit that chills the water. Then its pumped via the CPU/GPU via std blocks. (did post some pics) If anything it will melt the block like it did with RRs.

Dont think that this is going to be a long turm thing, only doing this to pass the day.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it melts the blocks, what else do you think it does? And in your case, if that block gets too hot then your chiller is in danger. Block melts... then bye bye peltier, CPU, possibly board, etc. I guess you're find if you check on it...

If it melts the blocks, what else do you think it does? And in your case, if that block gets too hot then your chiller is in danger. Block melts... then bye bye peltier, CPU, possibly board, etc. I guess you're find if you check on it...

Its not in a case ? plus as i think i have said its a day messing about if it kills the pelt thats

For the price and risk of Peltier coolers, it doesnt seem worth it compaired to better

and more reliable forms of cooling like Phase Change or DICE

I am only doing this for something to do while work is slow. I have a cooler that gives me -9C,but i always have the Q what if ! :)

O ye but its only cost

The risk it how you build the system.

It is better to to let the peltierelement cooling the Water than

the cpu in the coolingsystem. like a helpsystem

I going to build this :

big standard alu-aircoolers for AMD AM2-3 welt them together to a huge water block and on the oposite side (the flatside) put smaller 4-6 75w peltier and on them put std alu-air coolers with fans and take big bolts and put them together. of curse isolate the cold side of the block.

The watercooling system is around 23c and if a can get the temp down to 4-15c very nice !

And if a want to overclock am only turn computer of and let the waterpump and peltierblock stay on and cool the hole system in 1 hour or so to -20 or -30

Ok a lot of fans on the hot side but a hevyduty cooler :rolleyes:

Like my homemade cpublock but 4 times that big