New parts and no monitor signal....PLEASE HELP!!

R1P5AW

So I put in my old proc and she light right up! Looks like I may need to update my BIOS..

Would the easiest way to do this d/l the new bios from gigabyte's website and load to a thumb drive?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the key here may be that his older revision BIOS doesn't support the new CPU (as already pointed out). Previous posts by the OP indicated that ALL of this worked before in his old case. Later on come to find out that this is new case + new cpu. As I rarely get a bad CPU I'd lean towards a compatibility issue between the current BIOS and the new cpu. We'll see :)

According to the Gigabyte CPU support list the Q9550 wasn't supported until BIOS release F12.......

Edited by wevsspot

Ok so I flash my BIOS and got the updated F12 version however now when I start up it stops and says "BOOTMGR is missing press CTRL ALT DLT to restart"

I selected load optimized defaults after flashing and dont know where the problems is

any ideas?

EDIT: NM I HAD TO FORMAT MY HDs

Edited by R1P5AW

Okay thanks to everyone for your help!

It was definitely the BIOS and after inserting the old proc and flashing the bios and assembling everything back together with the new q9550 I'm up and running!!

I've definitely learned to love this machine a little more in the last 24 hrs thats for sure

Glad you got it sorted Rip.

well the only other options can swap the cpu and make sure u didnt bent any pins on ur cpu.

He's using a Q9550. The cpu doesn't have pins.......

The socket 775 pins are in the cpu socket, not on the cpu itself.......