Help me out. I have a grand and I need help spending it!

hosnappp

<PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE BUILDS SECTION. I MEANT TO MAKE THIS ABOUT THE WATERCOOLER BUT I KINDA WENT OFF SUBJECT... COMPLETELY>

I'm thinking hard about getting the H50 by Corsair. I have about 900-950 bucks to spend and here's my list:

EDITS: Powersupply changed to the CMPSU-650HX by Corsair

Power Supply

500GB HDD

4GB 1333Mhz RAM

Wireless B/G Adapter (PCI)

Saitek Eclipse III Keyboard

Razer DeathAdder Mouse

Some 22" LCD for around 140 bucks.

Starcraft 2 pre-order

All of that equals roughly 879.

I'll be selling my RAM that I have in here(green, not blue like the rest of my case. Bugs me a lot.) along with my monitor (19"), my current powersupply and my 8800GT 256. I want to get around 250 at least for all of it by using Craigslist and the OCC Marketplace.

What I want to know is should I go watercooling for an extra 80 or so dollars(Corsair H50)? is it worth it(3.8Ghz at 44c/60c currently)? What other upgrades could one of you guys recommend for me if not water cooling? Or in addition to it? Let me know! Thanks. Make any revisions to my list that you want, I'll be very interested. Also, if you post about wanting some of the things I mentioned I'd be selling, when all is said and done, you'll have dibs.

Thanks a ton!

Edited by headbangerbuggy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't waste my money on that rosewill power supply, get a name brand that will do what it says and last like corsiar, pc power and cooling, antec, enermax jusr to name a few...

Edited by road-runner

What sites have reviewed this power supply? Got a link?

The newegg site. Look at the time people have owned it and then what they say about it.

I might go for the 650watt Modular by corsair, we'll see. But I see no reason to not just get the Rosewill.

Because newegg reviews are junk and should be taken with a grain of salt at best.

Ok, so I'll go with the Corsairs, I guess. Which I'll probably regret. It's quite a bit extra. Can someone convince me it's worth it?

No, just buy the cheapest one you can find, I think you can get a lot cheaper than the rosewill...

Ok, ok. I get it. I'll grab the Corsair :\

I just know that the Rosewill looks legit and fine and I've bought products from them before, but fair enough. I'll be getting the CMPSU-650HX

Edited by headbangerbuggy

well if your stating you have a grand and need help spending, why complain about spending a bit more?, while the rosewill might get good reviews, id rather get a qulity PSU that will last and be dependable, a corsair would be perfect.

Edited by Bigevil954