my liquid cooled pc just failed

shangxiajiu

Okay everyone, lets just Cool it and get back to the topic at hand.

shangxiajiu, first of all - Welcome to the Club! - lets hope you will be less comfrontational if we cross paths again ;)

Remember that a Well Set up Air configuration can easily outperform a good portion of the liquid cooling systems out there. To be honest if you even consider making a Liquid setup then its best to make it worth it, by buying separate parts to build it up, ofcourse this takes time,money and experience.

I used to run a Thermaltake Bigwater 745 system, it was great and all (nice and quiet) but temps weren't as good as you'd expect from Lquid cooling + i had to buy That special liquid every 6-8 months, so i ditched the setup and went air. Its much simpler and that means theres less chance of things going wrong.

Good luck with fixing the setup you have, id suggest listening to what ccokeman says ( B:) guy with a level headed way of thinking)

My pump failed thats all: liquid in a pc is relatively new, and even a little scary.

I thought that my information could be benificial, as to letting others know what happened.

certainly I am interested in getting warrenty, however we all know that does not always work out and does indeed take time.

My system is now fine with an air cooled setup, I adjusted the fan speed from within the bios so now it is quiet.

I opened the coolant pump and drained out the fluid; their was 100 ml in it, that is what is suposed to be 100ml.

the electric motor is apperantly not the standard old school ameture but then new magnetic pulse type, there should be no reason

that this happened. lucky for me the system did not steam and spew.

thanks for reading and posting comments,

I think that my rig will be ok for the winter and now will be a good time to begin my mfg of video card water block to go with my setup.

I have done some resurch for the video card water block and do believe that I can make them myself.

I do not have a cnc rig but I do have many machine shop tools avalible to do it.

I would like to see a build log on your water block since that is of interest to me! I have a total of 4 liquid cooled systems!

I would like to see a build log on your water block since that is of interest to me! I have a total of 4 liquid cooled systems!

(QC:) 2408 PASS is all that tha water block says. It is triple crome plated copper or brass with welded inlet outlet tubeand a welded mobo mounting tower, with no apperant internal blockage.

the radiator and water block look top notch, the mount brackets also look great; the tubing is less than asteticly pleasing, now wouls be a good time to upgrade to the clear tubing.

AIR system could be fine in my current local climate, my lian li case does provide ample flow for my video cards they both run 40~43 c.

Maybe reverting back to air is the way to go

(QC:) 2408 PASS is all that tha water block says. It is triple crome plated copper or brass with welded inlet outlet tubeand a welded mobo mounting tower, with no apperant internal blockage.

the radiator and water block look top notch, the mount brackets also look great; the tubing is less than asteticly pleasing, now wouls be a good time to upgrade to the clear tubing.

AIR system could be fine in my current local climate, my lian li case does provide ample flow for my video cards they both run 40~43 c.

Maybe reverting back to air is the way to go

just like to say, i thoroughly agree with ccokeman. insulting someone's equipment is an obvious insult and anyone who's posted on a board like this for more than 5 minutes should know better.

as for the actual issue i use a laing DDC which also has a cpu fan connection. does anyone know if the system cuts out immediately upon pump failure, or if the CPU or mobo has to overheat before the power gets cut?

just like to say, i thoroughly agree with ccokeman. insulting someone's equipment is an obvious insult and anyone who's posted on a board like this for more than 5 minutes should know better.

as for the actual issue i use a laing DDC which also has a cpu fan connection. does anyone know if the system cuts out immediately upon pump failure, or if the CPU or mobo has to overheat before the power gets cut?

FYI no one insulted anyones equipment, thanks though.

If you set your shutdown temperture (setable in the BIOS) then it will shut down.

If you set your shutdown temperture (setable in the BIOS) then it will shut down.

this would be correct, auto shut down accures when temp exceed your selected settings.

In my case:

I had done a recent bios update last June, stability through the summer running should be agreable.

the system is sealed and has no leaks.

I removed 100ml coolant and checked the refill quantity to be 100ml.

I looked at the pump impellor and it looks undamaged.

their would be no cavitation issue since air is eliminated.

my LianLi case has many vdc connectors for fans so I reconnected just my pump dry without the impellor housing attached.

It started up just fine.

is it possible for a pump to become week?

FYI no one insulted anyones equipment, thanks though.

I didn't read it as anything other than an obvious question that needed asked. People are getting too damn touchy on here. :lol: