Water Cooling Setup

shiver_8

I'm planning on getting a custom water cooling setup for just the CPU for now. I have socket 775 now but i want the system to be able to fit on 1366 when i upgrade. I also plan on wcing the gpus when i go 1366 but no gpu wcing for 775. So far I have the mcr420/mcr320 (need help deciding), swiftech mcp355, swiftech radbox and mini reservoir, swiftech apogee xt block, 3/8" tubing throughout. Also what are top pumps? Any suggestions for wcing layout and other parts would be great. All my specs are in my sig.

TO be honest bro i like this website for its reviews and whatnot but they just dont compete with the watercooling info found over on www.realredraider.com

id post over there if i were you. tons and tons of great info on dos and donts, what products to stay with and wat to avoid like the plague.

I believe swiftech makes a water-block that is capable of both those sockets with nothing more then a change in mounting brackets. I would recommend the swiftech radiator to go with. have had mine for a few months now and I'm JUST happy with it. :)

Whops, the swiftech 320 rad will do well the 420 would be better and if I were you I would go with 1/2 id tubing. And go with the MC655 pump, it will perform better and has 1/2 id fittings.

set-up. If I was you I would get a radbox and mount the radiator to the back of the rig. run the res and pump external. that way the only leak you could possibly have would be the water block or lines that could damage your system.

Edited by boinker

Here is a good setup I pieced together:

CPU Waterblock= EK-Supreme HF - Acetal It's compatible with 775 and 1366

Radiator= ThermoChill PA140.3 High Performance 140x3 Radiator

Pump= Swiftech MCP655 12v DC Pump - with Speed Controller

Tubing (Make sure to atleast get 10 feet of tubing): Tygon R3603 7/16in. ID 5/8in. OD Laboratory Tubing # AAC00033

Rad Box (Supports Radiator)= Swiftech MCB-120 Rev 2 Radbox Radiator/fan housing - Black

Fittings (Get 4 of these. 2 for the radiator and 2 for the waterblock)= Bitspower G 1/4 Matte Black 1/2in. ID Barb - BP-MBWP-C01

Fans (6 for the radiator)= Scythe 120x25mm SlipStream SY1225SL12M - 68 CFM

Fillport (Better option over the resevoir)= Danger Den Delrin Fillport

T-Fitting (use this in combination with the fillport to make your own T line)= 1/2" OD T-Fitting

With the 1/2" OD fittings and the tubing I chose for you, it won't require you to use hose clamps because of the tight fit :). As for coolant I recommend you use just plain distilled water. Nothing beats heat transfer better the plain ol water. But just make sure it's distilled and not out of the tap. Make sure to add this in the water too: Nuke -PHN Concentrated Biocide (10mL)

If you have any tech. questions let me know :)

Edited by Queenz

I was thinking a 220 wouldnt be enough though. Especially if I want to run multi gpus under water.

I would actually recommend going with a separate loop for the GPU's anyway. If not a 2nd rad to go between the CPU and GPU's...

Just a thought...