CPU: AMD Phenom ll X4 965 3.4 GHZ AM3

AGP: XFX HD 5870 1GB DDR5

PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Pro 650 W

Ram: Corsair XMS3 4 GB @1600 MHZ DDR3

HDD: WD Cavair 500 GB Sata

Montor: Samsung 2233SW 22'' LCD

Chassis: Cooler Master HAF 922

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Gemini-S

Go with a better CPU cooler. I have the Mugen 2, it has been awesome, and it is in the same price range.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Folks...As suggested by Joel and nns I am going for Corsair TX 750 W PSU and Cooler master Hyper 212 CPU cooler.

But there is a problem. As of today Asus/XFX/MSI 5870 over here are out of stock. The ones available are Powercolor 5870 and XFX 5870 XXX Edition.

Cards will be arriving approximately in 10-15 days. I have no idea about reputation of brand Powercolor. Please enlighten about the same.

Also 5870 XXX edition costs around $60 more. I ve read that the XXX edition card's temperatures are about 92-100 degrees on load way too high for an

Graphic card hence reluctant to buy it incase it dies/burns out what ever. Also RMA over here is not great. It takes about a month or two for replacement

depending upon stock of that card in the country. What you all say ? Go for Powercolor or it is worth to wait for another 15 days for the card.

powercolor has a two year warranty so you will never have to worry about an RMA just find the closest garbage bin nearby! :thumbs-up:

just kidding

the XFX will not run any hotter than the others.

if you need to save money powercolor is a completely fine product

I tend to buy XFX myself

PowerColor are Great but RMA's can take a LONG time if they dont have a replacement card at hand (i found that out the hard way) XFX are awesome for the warranty and the XXX editions are their 2nd best product (i think?) so its a safe bet, those temps are fine :thumbs-up: if you want to save that 60$ Powercolor is fine though

So what? AMD also has 6-cores coming for the AM3 socket. Everyone knows that the 980X will sell for 1k$, so if you're ready to spend that much for a CPU, go for it! It will without any doubt be the best performance all around. If not, the AMD one should be much cheaper.

+1

Ok Folks...As suggested by Joel and nns I am going for Corsair TX 750 W PSU and Cooler master Hyper 212 CPU cooler.

But there is a problem. As of today Asus/XFX/MSI 5870 over here are out of stock. The ones available are Powercolor 5870 and XFX 5870 XXX Edition.

Cards will be arriving approximately in 10-15 days. I have no idea about reputation of brand Powercolor. Please enlighten about the same.

Also 5870 XXX edition costs around $60 more. I ve read that the XXX edition card's temperatures are about 92-100 degrees on load way too high for an

Graphic card hence reluctant to buy it incase it dies/burns out what ever. Also RMA over here is not great. It takes about a month or two for replacement

depending upon stock of that card in the country. What you all say ? Go for Powercolor or it is worth to wait for another 15 days for the card.

XFX cards are good.. I have one myself but fortunately I haven't have had to use the warranty till now.. ;) But from what I hear, in India, XFX support is very good compared to the others.. I think RP Tech is doing the service here atleast in Mumbai..

BTW are you buying the officially imported card or the one brought from US? If the latter one you won't have warrant in India..

Why change to the 965?? I'd switch back to the 955 and save the money, you can OC the difference anyway.

The powercolor's the same deal with the XFX, you could easily get the stock clocks that the XXX edition is pushing...for free :D

the rest looks ok, I'd second or third the decision to get a better cooler.

Do you guys have the Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer over there??

where do you intend to purchase all the stuff??

I am buying officially imported card. Second thoughts on the CPU cooler how about Thermalright Ultra 120 or Thermalright Ultima 90 or a month from now Cooler Master V8 ?

Also WD Cavair Green 1TB@5400 rpm or WD Cavair Black Edition 1 TB@7200 rpm, what will be the effect of difference of rpm on gaming/over all system performance ?

I am buying officially imported card. Second thoughts on the CPU cooler how about Thermalright Ultra 120 or Thermalright Ultima 90 or a month from now Cooler Master V8 ?

Also WD Cavair Green 1TB@5400 rpm or WD Cavair Black Edition 1 TB@7200 rpm, what will be the effect of difference of rpm on gaming/over all system performance ?

Thermalright Ultra 120 is good as or even better than v8.. Try lynx-india.com for options..

WD Black is good.. WD Green are gr8 for storage.. I'm not sure of the exact performance difference but it shouldn't be much.. BTW WD Green is 5400-7200rpm..

are those the cheapest?? what is the price difference between the drives, over here I don't personally think the blacks are worth the money over the blues but there's no doubt that performance gap between both green and black will be farther. Do you guys have seagates or samsungs for cheaper??

The TRUE 120 is great, I like mine alot.

• 2 weeks later...

After all I assembled it today...

Got Sapphire HD 5870 and Corsair TX 750 PSU.

Build looks pretty solid and getting good FPS( More then 120@ 1920*1080) in CSS and L4D2 as I just tested it.

Only one doubt i have. There is lot of dust around here. So will it be better to get Dust filters for HAF922 to be safe or clean the chassis every month ? What you all say ?