GF100

shiver_8

Seeing the price on this is gonna make some people crap their pants. :O

Heaven forbid them sell their cards priced higher then ati!!!

why would you want a dual gpu when hydra is just around the corner

I just dont see how hydra can take advantage of the gf100. The drivers from nvidia on this card are so complex and still have so much improvements to be had. Its not like anything ever in existence. The power must be harnessed and its totally unlike the older cards. It does seem like a mess for hydra. once gf100 is out we can expect major increases in fps on games as the driver team figures out how to get more and more from the architecture. The gf100 is insanely flexible and there are so many things and different ways to use the card. This flexibility is important and is gonna allow for some huge boost in performance.

Hydra has their work cut out for them on the gf100.

I really am excited about the gf100. Its really nice to see some big changes in the PC technology. I see this a a sudden shift that we rarely see happen on such a drastic scale. While i believe console ports are gonna hold back PC gaming for the mean time, I also can see the next gen console hardware will be heavily influence by fermi. If not all of them.

The future is still a far but there is a glimpse of things now. PCs with DX11 really are a shift away from the CPU further and further. Now the GPU is able to process even more completely independent without wasted checks or instructions from the CPU. So much can be done vastly different from the past. This excites me. Things are gonna change across the board.

Edited by ocre