Unknown's q9550

make sure you're running prime95 on smallFFT's for the maximum CPU stress. Blend and Large don't push it as hard.

You want to run the blend test. It stress the CPU asnd memory subsystems. if you run just small fft you are only running the 8k test. While this will test the CPU to some degree it will not be prime stable since the memory subsystem and any of the other small fft tests are not run. I can pass the small fft test just fine and fail when running the blend test. The 10k, 14k and 256k tests run the CPU hotter than the CPU only small fft test. Facts man .....get them right before you speak.

To the op Thats a really nice start. Make sure you run the blend test through at least 24hours to hit all of the tests.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I mentioned it in this thread, but it was another--I second Waco and recommend using Intel Burn Test as one of your stress testing programs. I'd recommend you run Prime, and if you pass for 12-24 hours, run IBT for 15 passes or so. If you can pass all that... well, you're pretty damn stable.

You want to run the blend test. It stress the CPU asnd memory subsystems. if you run just small fft you are only running the 8k test. While this will test the CPU to some degree it will not be prime stable since the memory subsystem and any of the other small fft tests are not run. I can pass the small fft test just fine and fail when running the blend test. The 10k, 14k and 256k tests run the CPU hotter than the CPU only small fft test. Facts man .....get them right before you speak.

To the op Thats a really nice start. Make sure you run the blend test through at least 24hours to hit all of the tests.

Blend never gives me highest temps, but I'll keep that in mind (I would run both anyway, but start with small FFTs :P)

ivy heres those bios shotss? lol

(thought I posted them up already, sorry)

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

Blend never gives me highest temps, but I'll keep that in mind (I would run both anyway, but start with small FFTs :P)

(thought I posted them up already, sorry)

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

Ooooo... Ivy... tisk tisk. You never want to leave the fsb and pll voltages at auto. Gigabytes bios overvolts the crap outta those settings especially at those high fsb speeds. I wouldn't be surprised if it was at 1.8v pll and over 1.4v fsb. If you didn't know those are the 2 settings that will indefinetely kill a cpu.