Finally got my 550 BE to be x3 core.. Help

Whats up guys, I finally figured out how to get past the "windows is starting" screen with ACC and EC hybrid on.. I had to disable the last 2 cores, so I could get into windows, it installed the B50 drivers.. I rebooted and turned off 3rd core and left 4th on, and it worked.. Only wierd thing is CPUZ reads it as a Athlon II x3 450.... I ran intelburn in for 5 passes at 3.8ghz, BSOD.. dropped it to 3.7ghz and it passed.. Also no temp readings obv.. Any temp program that will work? Thanks guys

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh sweet! congrats! i didn't even know it was possible to unlock select cores. I just thought it was either default or all unlocked. interesting.

I use CoreTemp for my temp readings. But SpeedFan is also good, gives me the same readout as CoreTemp. Though if neither of those work, you might want to look into AMD's OverDrive program, that also reads out temperature sensors, and it's designed specifically (exclusively lol) for AMD's 7-series chipsets, if that can't give you a temp reading, you're effed LOL :P

Also im playing modern warfare 2 and I keep freezing and d/c from server.. Could this have to do with CPU?

So far last 4 games I played I freeze for 5 secs and d/c from srevre... possible ironic itnernet trouble or CPU signs that its not meant to be x3?

its just wierd for me that now my idle temp is what my max load temp was before i made it x3 core.. and is it normal for the 3rd core to be higher

on speedfan, temp 1,2,3 is each core right??? i really dont like speedfan but its only prgoram that reads a "normal" temp with core unlocked

Edited by compbrainiac

its just wierd for me that now my idle temp is what my max load temp was before i made it x3 core.. and is it normal for the 3rd core to be higher

on speedfan, temp 1,2,3 is each core right??? i really dont like speedfan but its only prgoram that reads a "normal" temp with core unlocked

the temp will go up because of the extra heat created by the third core still good temps tho congrats on the unlock

the temp will go up because of the extra heat created by the third core still good temps tho congrats on the unlock

Word, Ya I knew theyd go up but, I didnt think 10 degree increase on idle.. I thought maybe the core I unlocked is barely working and its too high? I did have to ower my GPU Overclock... Cod 6 would act wierd for some reason if I didnt with the core unlocked

Edited by compbrainiac

where did you get the B50 driver and how do you even turn off the 3rd core?? :blink: post a shot of that BIOS please

This was the first thing I found when searching google. http://ftp.pcpitstop.com/drivers/download/...~Processor.html

And some motherboards received bios updates that allow the selecting of cores in the ACC menu.