Salutations Friends

PruritusAni

Hi,

decided on making an account with this website. For about a month now I've been putting off my first post as I lurked the forums, and it seems I have found the proper place for it! I have recently built my first computer and even attempted overclocking it. Unfortunately I used the utility that came with the mobo to do it. As this resulted in total hardware failure, RMAs and complete re-assembly I've decided to do a bit more research before attempting an OC again. So uhh here I am.

Thanks for the prompt welcomes.

Figures I'd leave out my compy's specs ... Here they are

ASUS P5ND

Core 2 Duo E8500 @ Stock w/ stock cooling (for now)

4 * 2Gb Corsair DDR2 RAM

Palit GTS 250 1Gb

1Tb @ 7200 RPM HDD

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

I'm guessing a very late "Santa" will have to come by with a "real" CPU cooler and better case fans for any real OCing attempt to occur (currently just 2 80mm fans; actually want to keep using the 80mms so I might carve into my side panel somehow so they will be near the graphics card, it seems to be the hottest running part right now; 120mms will be going in where the 80s are currently).

Hi,

decided on making an account with this website. For about a month now I've been putting off my first post as I lurked the forums, and it seems I have found the proper place for it! I have recently built my first computer and even attempted overclocking it. Unfortunately I used the utility that came with the mobo to do it. As this resulted in total hardware failure, RMAs and complete re-assembly I've decided to do a bit more research before attempting an OC again. So uhh here I am.

Tough break on the hardware. Well you probably learned some good lessons so it isn't all in vain. Welcome, I am a recent member myself. Enjoy.