2010: Official What Are You Listening To Right Now Topic

d3bruts1d

Alice in Chains - Your Decision.

Does anyone else listen to AIC? If yes, what do you think of the old AIC (with Layne Staley) vs. the new AIC (with William DuVall)?

For those that do not know, Layne Staley was their lead vocalist until 2002 when he died from a drug overdose. DuVall took over vocals in 2007 after being asked by the band. They recorded an album with DuVall, Black Gives Way to Blue. One thing that I noticed is that Jerry Cantrell (lead guitarist) is doing a lot more singing. In the past he usually sang backup (though he did sing everything but the chorus in the song "Would?"). The song I posted, "Your Decision," is a good example of this. The lead vocals in this song are sung by Cantrell.

One more thing: Jerry Cantrell is basically the man, and he plays G&L. I also have a G&L, so I just thought it was cool when I found that out. :P

Alice in Chains - Your Decision.

Does anyone else listen to AIC? If yes, what do you think of the old AIC (with Layne Staley) vs. the new AIC (with William DuVall)?

For those that do not know, Layne Staley was their lead vocalist until 2002 when he died from a drug overdose. DuVall took over vocals in 2007 after being asked by the band. They recorded an album with DuVall, Black Gives Way to Blue. One thing that I noticed is that Jerry Cantrell (lead guitarist) is doing a lot more singing. In the past he usually sang backup (though he did sing everything but the chorus in the song "Would?"). The song I posted, "Your Decision," is a good example of this. The lead vocals in this song are sung by Cantrell.

One more thing: Jerry Cantrell is basically the man, and he plays G&L. I also have a G&L, so I just thought it was cool when I found that out. :P

I like When The Rose Again off that Album it reminds a lot of their old stuff. But my favorite songs by AIC are Would?, Down In A Whole, Nutshell, No Excuses, Over Now, Them Bones, and Got Me Wrong.

Another good band from that time period that should not be overlooked is Collective Soul, basically anything off their self titled album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU9-TRVbhkE

@ 1m50 :D

This was random saw her on Kotaku. Canadian / Girl / Singer / Gamer is there such a thing as heaven?

--------------

Hmm I'll have to check out Grits.

Hayley looks so weird in that music video with that hairdo.

Edited by Krazyxazn