Recommend Action RPG Games

strutwatson

I'm playing Borderlands at the moment with a friend and am LOVING it!

But I need another game to play single player so what would people suggest in the Action RPG niche?

Gears of war is another one of my favorites because of the game-play but doesn't have the RPG aspect... Also just finished splinter cell and am looking forward to the next due to the strategy involved... can be frustrating sometimes though!

I used to be into fantasy type games like Diablo but haven't found any to be all that great on 360... yet...

haha dragon age is not an action rpg and neither is fallout 3. unless you wanna waste all of your ammo. but yes play fallout 3 because its amazing. anyways id recommend bioshock if you like borderlands. but other than that tales of vesparia is good if you can find it. fable 2 was ok i didnt care much for it but other people liked it, same with mass effect. uh eternal sonata also has an action type of battle system but you take turns mashin the buttons haha good game though. also try downloading castlevania symphony of the night off of live its savage

Titan Quest is the best Action-RPG to date (yes, yes, Diablo 2 has the nostalgia factor and is a great, addicting game, but TQ is better in a lot of respects).

If you want a more casual Action-RPG, a bunch of us just picked up Torchlight via Steam and it's great thus far.

what genere are you favoring now?

space future? ancient past? renaissance? the now?

a while back i was looking for a kick butt space opera role playing sort of game on a grand scale but wasnt a weak a$$ attempt at a star wars or star trek ripoff. I played the X-series of games but they were difficult to work with and were glitchy. i just went MMORPG with eve online and thats my casual fill now. fits my needs.

but your looking for an action RPG. none better than the GTA series of games. but again thats genere specific to the present day.

so what sort of landscape do you want to play in?

what genere are you favoring now?

space future? ancient past? renaissance? the now?

a while back i was looking for a kick butt space opera role playing sort of game on a grand scale but wasnt a weak a$$ attempt at a star wars or star trek ripoff. I played the X-series of games but they were difficult to work with and were glitchy. i just went MMORPG with eve online and thats my casual fill now. fits my needs.

but your looking for an action RPG. none better than the GTA series of games. but again thats genere specific to the present day.

so what sort of landscape do you want to play in?

Um...GTA...Action-RPG...errr, what?!

LOL i knew that would raise an eyebrow.

think about it. your that one dude. doing everything. a role. but i agree it may not be an imersive style. it's still a role of sorts. there are RPG's out there, just too many settings to pick from.