5850 Bottleneck

CoolMaster

Just curious if my AMD athlon II X2 (2.9ghz) is going to bottleneck my new 5850 SEVERELY (i went from an ATI 4850 512mb to the 5850)

Like I expect it to bottleneck some, but is it going to be like REALLY bad?

or at least still get some noticeable improvement (the 5850 is an x-mas present)

I want to OC it some but do not know how :(

From a friend's experience. He had an X2 @ 2.6 2MB cache + 4850. He has now switched to an X4 955 + the same card. He claims that his card was seriously bottlenecked before. Imagine how much a card that is 4x more powerfull would be bottlenecked.

It also depends on the game. A very graphically intense game will be less bottlenecked then a less graphically intense game. Also turning all quality sliders up, will lower the effect of any bottleneck.

From a friend's experience. He had an X2 @ 2.6 2MB cache + 4850. He has now switched to an X4 955 + the same card. He claims that his card was seriously bottlenecked before. Imagine how much a card that is 4x more powerfull would be bottlenecked.

It also depends on the game. A very graphically intense game will be less bottlenecked then a less graphically intense game. Also turning all quality sliders up, will lower the effect of any bottleneck.

So are u saying my processor is also severely bottlenecking my card :(?

So are u saying my processor is also severely bottlenecking my card :(?

at resolutions of disinterest, at the higher resolutions it won't be bottlenecked but whenever the card isn't being work too hard it will be "bottlenecked".

If you still are worried about it just clock up your processor, it should be cake with that chip