ThisIBelieve Speech

My_Inner_Fred

Hey guys I'm doing a Speech for school and I want to know how good it looks to you guys.

Do I have any errors?

If u have any ideas on how to make it better feel free ta tell me.

Thanks!

Speech: Giving is better than receiving

When I was around 6 years old I gave my grandfather a five dollar bill because I wanted to be nice. He later gave me the money back saying he had no need for it. He took me out to the mall and told me that being able to spend time with me was worth more than all the money in the world. That

Wow, I did not know that Mahatma's real name was Mohandas. Learn something new every day....

This is a speech, right? So it's not like you have it hand it in? If you do, then you might want to recheck your grammar ;)

I like the sentiment of your last two sentences, but I don't understand the use of the word "uphold"

Wow, I did not know that Mahatma's real name was Mohandas. Learn something new every day....

This is a speech, right? So it's not like you have it hand it in? If you do, then you might want to recheck your grammar ;)

I like the sentiment of your last two sentences, but I don't understand the use of the word "uphold"

ok Thanks

uphold means to hold onto, not giving.

any other suggestions? it is getting taken up

When I was around 6 years old I gave my grandfather a five dollar bill because I wanted to be nice. He later gave me the money back saying he had no need for it. He took me out to the mall and told me that being able to spend time with me was worth more than all the money in the world. That

Some tips on giving speeches:

1. Don't READ!!! Even if its a manuscript speech. (I take it you don't have a teleprompter)

2. Have note cards, don't write the whole speech on it, rather form an outline of your talking point.

3. If you studder trying and find another topic to tie into the topic you just finished talking about.

4. Practice Practice Practice....

5. Eye contact, This is difficult for alot of people, including myself... What I try to do is just to browse the room. A lot of times people will only make eye contact with one half of the room, what I try to do is to shift my position every so often to kinda force myself to look at the other people in the room. Its still a hard skill to master...

6. Hand gestures are a plus, don't over do it though, try and use them as it relates to what your talking about. try and wear pants w/ no or very small pockets.

Hope that helps a little bit, You speech looks very good, remember that with any sorts of oral report or speech its always important to be energetic!

Dude, don't worry so much about the content, just make it sure you know it better than you know the alphabet. Seriously, read it over and over till you find yourself knowing rather than reading. Then you read it until it feels like saying hello. Then you try to give it in front of some friends. After that say it without looking and read it again after.

Speech class was incredibly difficult for me even though I have no problem with being social and holding a lot of attention. It just bothers me to be infront of people while they are all quiet and stuff. Oh, if you get lost make em laugh, you will feel better.

I'll still include something, watch out as to what you say to make sure you don't repeat yourself. I know I do this a lot(Then again I am only 14 and a bit shy :D) but I sometimes make that mistake, so make sure you don't. Good luck, its pretty scary to do these speeches if your not good at them :)

I'll still include something, watch out as to what you say to make sure you don't repeat yourself. I know I do this a lot(Then again I am only 14 and a bit shy :D) but I sometimes make that mistake, so make sure you don't. Good luck, its pretty scary to do these speeches if your not good at them :)

Lol no problem I'm fine with presenting it but writing the content is where I'm not so good at. Can you see a relation between, "When I was around 6 years old I gave my grandfather a five dollar bill because I wanted to be nice. He later gave me the money back saying he had no need for it. He took me to the mall and told me that being able to spend time with me was worth more than all the money in the world." and "That