Folding contest can bring some big points gains

RJR

I was back for a little bit, found out my mom has lung cancer so everything I own is on WCG cancer projects only. I have been doing WCG all along but had switched to try the new big work units on folding then created my own team. Now I am back to WCG... :(

Sorry to hear about your mom Dave :(

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see, a long standing member of OCC just tells you his mother has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and that's your response :rolleyes: ...................are you really that young or just stupid.
It would be better for the both of us if we just pretended that didn't happen...

;)

Sorry to hear about your mom Dave :(

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks Dave, she is 66 and quit smoking 17 years ago is what she told me. I had thought she was 65 and quit 15 years ago but I was not far off. They done the biopsy today to see what kind it is, will be 3 working days before we know but they think it is small cell cancer by the blood work..

Edit: But yea what about the folding contest? Its been awhile since we had one hasnt it?

Dont speak if you dont even know what you're talking about. Read up on BOINC and mine and andrews threads on this forum concerning WCG.

In fact Andrew is HELPING by running BOINC clients.

FAH isn't the only client that helps research these diseases and cancers. :rolleyes:

OK, i'll type really slow so you can follow this too, it doesn't matter if you fold or crunch or whatever, they are ALL good causes and worth your compute power and hopefully someday will produce a complete understanding or cure for whatever disease they are working on for the betterment of all. This is indisputable. My comment, no matter how inappropriate it might have been, had nothing to do with folding or Boinc, it was directed at the lack of compassion and empathy (just like you) for another person (team mate) in a difficult situation. Get it.

It was directed at the lack of compassion and empathy (just like you) for another person (team mate) in a difficult situation. Get it.
I feel for Roadrunner, I am very sorry for his mothers situation however under no circumstance am I obligated to reply to anyone but the original poster in this thread.

If you really must know I didn't even read this whole thread before I replied to your original post.

I scrolled to the bottom of your thread and used the quick reply box.

;)

OK, i'll type really slow so you can follow this too, it doesn't matter if you fold or crunch or whatever, they are ALL good causes and worth your compute power and hopefully someday will produce a complete understanding or cure for whatever disease they are working on for the betterment of all. This is indisputable. My comment, no matter how inappropriate it might have been, had nothing to do with folding or Boinc, it was directed at the lack of compassion and empathy (just like you) for another person (team mate) in a difficult situation. Get it.

if you knew they are all good clients you wouldn't have typed out that stupid post. anyways, now you're just talking out of your butt. so im done with this thread. :closedeyes:

EDIT: lol...butt that made me chuckle :P

Edited by damian

Ya its been a while for a contest. I normally don't run them over the summer just due to people turning it off due to power from AC's and such.

I will try and get one rolling in the new year because I will have my hands full with this christmas contest followed by CES right after.

Ya its been a while for a contest. I normally don't run them over the summer just due to people turning it off due to power from AC's and such.

I will try and get one rolling in the new year because I will have my hands full with this christmas contest followed by CES right after.

Yea that is when you done it before after the Christmas contest and CES and all, I remember now... :)

Yea that is when you done it before after the Christmas contest and CES and all, I remember now... :)

yep sorry 'bout yer momma rr...!!...prayers an all goin out to ya's...

my momma crossed over back in april and things still haven't settled down all the way yet...

she left a huge void...

Hey RR, sorry to hear about your mom. I know you don't know me, no one on this board really does but I just felt like saying something here. I've been through this with my mom and I really feel for anyone going through a similar situation. My mom also had lung cancer... Best advice I can give is to just enjoy your time with her now as much as possible and try to keep her spirits up! Best wishes to you and your family and I hope things work out.

As for folding, I've been wanting to but it just heats up the room too much :(

Hey RR, sorry to hear about your mom. I know you don't know me, no one on this board really does but I just felt like saying something here. I've been through this with my mom and I really feel for anyone going through a similar situation. My mom also had lung cancer... Best advice I can give is to just enjoy your time with her now as much as possible and try to keep her spirits up! Best wishes to you and your family and I hope things work out.

As for folding, I've been wanting to but it just heats up the room too much :(

Thanks guys, I understand the heat problem, we do what we can some more than others some less but it all adds up to hopefully find some cures one day...