ASUS Xtreme Design contest: stage 2 build

redtigerdragon

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Unfortunately my friend and I are in different places for the Thanksgiving break. I've got another case coming in, the CM 690, which should be in next week. We plan on putting the parts in that while we test them and mod the case at the same time, then show the different results once the case is built. We're getting together every night next week, so we should get a lot going on next week.

Sorry we didn't get the pics up last night, we didn't have the right connection (stupid Nikon proprietary...). Anyways here are the pictures of us dismantling the case, piece by piece:

DSCN1088.jpg

Here we start drilling out the pop-rivets.

DSCN1089.jpg

After a long time figuring out the right size drill bit (hey, it's our first mod!), we have our first pop-rivets out!

DSCN1090.jpg

Working on getting the top off...

DSCN1091.jpg

and it's off!

DSCN1092.jpg

Now the back is off...

DSCN1093.jpg

...and the mobo tray...

DSCN1094.jpg

...and last but not least is the hard drive bay and optical drive bay.

So the only two pieces left attached are the front and bottom. We're going to start cutting out the motherboard tray and getting the railing the right size next, and get that all assembled so you can see the removable motherboard tray. Be on the lookout for that and our first awesome (seriously, awesome, just wait and see) video. Thanks for the support guys and gals, and keep overclocking!

So, just an update on how things are going. Ran into a snag the other night, my dogs got out and one got hit by a car. Had to have surgery done on her, but she's doing better now (had a plate put on her hip). But last night we got together and filmed some of the awesome scenes. So those should be posted up tonight (still have to edit them). Tonight I am going to put the parts together in a temporary case so we can start messing around with the features of everything, and I'll post some "build" pics of that. So tonight there should be plenty of fun posts.

As promised, the first of the awesome videos:

Enjoy!

Hey, if you want to subscribe to our youtube channel and not only see some funny/great parodies and videos of our Asus contest build, come check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/user/asusxtremehaf932

Keep checking the channel and this thread for more updates!

Seventh_Sliver

I'll be posting some more pictures of the parts tonight before we start building the machine in a temp case (cm 690). Then I should be posting about all the cool features of the mobo. There will be pictures and vids of all of the stuff, so stay tuned!