First build, $1000 budget!

mitchellbechtel

ins t

well i really like aesthetically the way the p183 looks. the it feels hefty enough to be sturdy but still retains that sophisticated look. If you got that.... haha :P

Mainly I would like a case that two years from now, i won't look back on and be like whoa i was obnoxious back then. like the antec 1200 with all those blue leds in the front. just not for me. i think LEDs are cool, but sometimes they overdo it for my tastes.

We got so many lights I doubt I will put up a Christmas tree this year :rolleyes:

If you need room the sniper (wife's computer, one button turns off all the lights) will give you that, it's about 20% larger

than my 900. If you really shop you can do good with a $1000 plan $150 for motherboard

Intel I5 platform Seen this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleD...st=Combo.293841

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh thats a pretty good deal!

i've been thinking and on black friday? thursday? whatever the heck its called, im going to try and get some good deals.

also. i'm a student who sometimes has trouble focusing (mostly just procrastination bleh need to get my act together!), so i thought maybe if i got 1 TB harddrive and 1 like 120gig harddrive, and had one with ubuntu and just left it barebones, no music games or movies so i could get on that and actually force myself to work instead of saying oh i'll just do a couple dailies on world of warcraft and then do my homework. and one with windows 7 wh.ch has all the games and such... get where im going with this? is that possible?!

also, what are your views (Everyone that reads this) on buying used equipment? either off here or craigslist/ebay?

yeah im not going to rush into this. its my first build and yeah. i want to make sure i have as much information as i can before i go spending money!

by the way, quick question. The thermal goo/glue im not sure what exactly it is, i am going to have to use that when i build my rig correct? well not have to,but recommended to?

yeah im not going to rush into this. its my first build and yeah. i want to make sure i have as much information as i can before i go spending money!

by the way, quick question. The thermal goo/glue im not sure what exactly it is, i am going to have to use that when i build my rig correct? well not have to,but recommended to?

When you buy a Boxed processor it comes with the fan/heatsink and the goo is already on the heatsink

siiigh. well. looks like I might be building this rig sooner than i had intended. i came home today to see my laptop had been thrown with .some force to the ground. some of you may be wondering... WHO WOULD DO SUCH A TERRIBLE THING!!!??? especially to somebody else's property. Well folks, say hello to my father. (we obviously don't see eye to eye...) luckily he just busted the plastic part of the laptop and busted one of the monitor hinges off. im going to try and make this work for as long as i can but meh. i don't think its going to last...i have to put it up against a wall in order for the screen to stay standing up! but enough of that, onto the Motherboard!

i was on my phone today and saw what i thought to be a decent combo pack on newegg, tell me what ya'll think!

http://www.newegg.com/Store/ComboDeals.asp...ID=1&page=1

iBIOSTAR TA790GXE 128M ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor

I personally had the Antec 300, and just upgraded to the P183 last week ... the difference IS substantial. As far as cooling, I use less fans, run them slower, and my system runs 2-5C cooler. It is also MUCH quieter. Oh, and it is sexy as all heck!

The extra money is worth it in my opinion. A case you will keep for system after system after system ... buy a . case and get . results.

For the budget ... the Antec 300 is the best out there, though.

siiigh. well. looks like I might be building this rig sooner than i had intended. i came home today to see my laptop had been thrown with .some force to the ground. some of you may be wondering... WHO WOULD DO SUCH A TERRIBLE THING!!!??? especially to somebody else's property. Well folks, say hello to my father. (we obviously don't see eye to eye...) luckily he just busted the plastic part of the laptop and busted one of the monitor hinges off. im going to try and make this work for as long as i can but meh. i don't think its going to last...i have to put it up against a wall in order for the screen to stay standing up! but enough of that, onto the Motherboard!

i was on my phone today and saw what i thought to be a decent combo pack on newegg, tell me what ya'll think!

http://www.newegg.com/Store/ComboDeals.asp...ID=1&page=1

iBIOSTAR TA790GXE 128M ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor

Honestly ... go DDR3 there is more future in it. It is the same price as DDR2 as well.

I would get this board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131402

And this CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819103649

And this Memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820148334

Total is within your budget and will give you the opportunity for future CPU and memory options.