First build, $1000 budget!

mitchellbechtel

im just worried about space really. i would like to have enough extra room to expand once i get more money. i was thinking about getting the p180 mini but after reading reviews about how people were having a lot of tight fits, well. i'd rather be safe than sorry ya know?

Just got a mini p180, I think the tight fits most people talk about is getting the mobo in with a heat sink on. You must remove the exhaust fan to put a mobo in that has the cooler on, but it is relatively easy to remove the rear exhaust put in the mobo and put it back on once the mobo is in. large video cards fit but you have to remove the bottom hard drive bay. Some wiring can be a bit tight if you stick everything behind the mobo, which I barely managed to do, but you could always run the 24 pin up the front instead of behind the mobo, and then everything else would easily fit behind the mobo.

Its only $85

you can't fit a fan in front of the hard drive bays though, but with the bottom hard drive bay removed you can stick a fan in front of the gpu(s)

edit: just noticed you have chosen an ATX motherboard, so you could not use the mini p180

Edited by xchrissypoox

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic