Hello from Japan

yuriardila

Hi!!

the name's Yuri, currently is living in Japan but originated@Indonesia.

I've been reading OCC FAQs and guides for a long time and never introduced myself so perhaps this is the perfect time to so :thumbs-up:

I'm still a sophomore, by the way, and just recently built up my interest to hardwares. Been using computer for a long time but not realizing there're such cool things like overclocking, enhancing the cooling systems w/ liquid nitrogen and stuffs :closedeyes:

So please if anyone would give me advices where do i have to start learning things in this field, It'd be amazing!

Oh, and I left my comp in Indonesia so Im thinking of building a new system for my desk. Here's whats in my head:

Chipset: Intel X58

CPU: Intel Core i7 860, 2.8Ghz

Motherboard: Gigabyte X58-UDR

Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 295, VRAM 1792 MB, memory clock 1000MHz, 892-bit

HDD: 1.5 TB

Memory: DDR3 2x 2GB

However I dont fancy game that much but i just love to see my system perfomance gets faster than it was :blink:

Im just thinking this system would be a good start for me to learn all of these, so I just made it up.......

welcome :)

those specs are pretty wild for a non-gaming computer...

but if you can afford it and if it's what you want then why not?

check out this thread if you wanna put that kind of hardware to use for a good cause and ask away if you have any questions.

pretty much just browsing around this forum should let you in on any info you may want to know about...

and if it's not available simply ask away :)

Edited by Maj0r Gamer

Thanks for you replies!

@Maj0r Gamer yea it'd cost me like 2000$ for all those stuffs. if you could give me an advice what system is good for starter it'd be very amazing man :wacko:

I'd love to press my budget below 1000$ for a good system but I just dont know what to build..

oh and by the way does anyone know how to benchmark a system easier? I mean like a free software.. or a cheap one...

Aloha!

Welcome To OCC

For that i7 processor you would need a P55 LGA1156 motherboard. Not the X58 LGA1366 motherboard.

Plus do you really need the Windows 7 Pro? Why pay that much?

Wouldn't Windows 7 Premium work?

Otherwise all is Freaking Awesome!