My prospective build

deluded_reality

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you do your research into each piece as well. If you're looking through Newegg in the reviews section, by rule of thumb, 50% of the reviews can be tossed out due to people not knowing what they're talking about. What I mainly look for are the 1 eggs to see what kind of problems they had and if they all seem to be the same problem. Also check to see if their warranty/tech support/return status is like and if they support their product well.

You seem to have a pretty decent built there, but I'm not an AMD guy.

With regard to the memory, almost all the 1-3 egg reviews dealt with setting up the memory at the right voltage. I'm going to order this PC soon. How good is the integrated HD 3300? Also, does anyone have any idea when the HD 5870 Vapor-X is gonna be in stock?

edit: It seems every AM3 Phenom II x4 board out there has issues. For many people, the ASUS board won't post, some DOAs on the MSI, BioStar, and Gigabyte ones. Reading 1 egg reviews makes me nervous :(

Edited by deluded_reality

No motherboard is flawless. Reviews do help people make informed choices but there will always be one bad review for every motherboard. Just go for one that has had more good than bad reviews. That what i do and my builds have all gone fine

Okay, I'm just not comfortable with the ASUS motherboard. Too many similar problems being faced by a lot of people if 1 egg reviews in newegg are anything to go by. Can someone suggest some other motherboard? It has to be crossfire ready. I don't care if it's x16 x8 or x16 x16. The processor socket is AM3.

edit: Aah! Finally found a good one. Motherboard and RAM

Edited by deluded_reality