Why doesn't anyone know or use DFI?

Yeah the thing I dislike about most boards nowadays is they look like someone killed a clown on them. Green Yellow Orange Red and Blue all on the same board. I would like to see a company make a motherboard that has all black pc board with red and white colored slots, no more of this rainbow bull crap.

foxconn_blood_rage_x58_final_vrz.jpg

One of the reasons I went with this board :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I am looking to use a DFI board for my next build. I really miss the bios tweaking process on getting ram/cpu overclock. In the past, I build systems just to have fun with it and tweak it to the max, even volt modded some boards. This past 18 months I decided to just play games with the last system I built after getting the max overclock. If you have not done so, check out the DFI board forum, they have some of the most complete lists and how to's for the DFI boards, even settings for particular rams to use with the boards. I been thinking of building around a PII 955 BE.

Did you ever try the top of the line Biostar Enthusiast board....Oscar Wu helps them with those boards....he helped with the Bios for the I45 and that was a stellar clocker...the X58 board of theirs is the same way....

Heeeeeey doc, how u man, Aloha. Thanks for the tip. Will definitely check it out. I am getting some money on the first of December and hopefully I will get an approval from my wife LOL. I been itching to get my hands on a DFI board again though. Possibly ddr3, like I said earlier I have not played with a system in a while, heheheheh.

Edited by Voltes_5

Alright watched my show, now back to reality.

Voltes thanks for the link I'll check it out after I'm done writing. Also, do try DFI... I'm not seeing too much of a choice in newegg though...only 3 different am3 models. 2 of which are m3h5 and m3h5 jr. I find it quite fun to mess with the bios, and I haven't even exploited all of them. Board is solid, good looking and not too expensive.

On a side note, it happened as a coincidence, but my PC is in only 3 or 4 different colors which I find nice...it doesn't look like a clown has been shot on it...like someone said earlier lol. All the pieces are black, cooler on the gpu is red, mobo has yellow whatchamacallit (plural), cpu cooler has silver heatsink. Case is also entirely black with only the led's being in blue which I don't think counts. (damn I wish we'd get a camera already so I can upload some pics of this sexy rig. lulz)

Yeah the thing I dislike about most boards nowadays is they look like someone killed a clown on them. Green Yellow Orange Red and Blue all on the same board. I would like to see a company make a motherboard that has all black pc board with red and white colored slots, no more of this rainbow bull crap.

+1

though I would go with a red board and black and gray connectors :)

(I do have a LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS my folding rig and it's been running fine)

offtopic: but did you ever clear up the issues you were having??

That's one of the reasons I stay away from brands like that. Orange and yellow schemes, no thanks.

That bloodrage board looks awesome, but no C2Q love :(

Read my sig ballist1x. I love my DFI board. It will more then likely out live me. Never had any issues with it. Give me a DFI over any board out there today. My next build will sport a DFI for sure. Stable ..stable.... stable. That's all I ask and DFI gives it to me.

lol...um ok...good to know. My build is quite new so I probably won't be upgrading anything except ram VGA and CPU(maybe not CPU since it's quite nicely OCed but if it dies...)so DFI will have lots of time to come up with another excellent board by the time mine gets old or whatever.

I was looking at buying the Blood Iron and I still run a modded DFI Ultra-D. I really like the DFI board Ive got, werent records set with their NF4 boards? Plenty of people know about them, they had their time to shine.

yea i got my TO a wopping 400FSB 800DDR cpuz here: 519128.png

watch the memory controller go "pop"

Edited by punker