Ariz. sheriff launches immigration sweep

Rokkaholik

Ivy, have you ever looked into what the proper immigration method entails? It's a long, arduous process that takes years if you intend on living here permanently, and this is before they've even set foot in the country. It's also a very expensive process that's based entirely upon luck. It's very understandable to see why people would want to use the illegal method, it's simply quicker and cheaper, important factors when you consider time and money being the number one motivating factors for people trying to get into this country so that they can start working and send money back home to their starving families.

I think they oughta be able to work towards their citizenship while also helping their families, they shouldn't just get a free ride in here though.

I have a hard time supporting Arpaio after some of the things he has done, but I do think something needs to be done about illegal immigrants I just question his methods. He has definitely caused quite a bit of controversy in his career, especially when it comes to illegal immigrants.

I have a hard time supporting Arpaio after some of the things he has done, but I do think something needs to be done about illegal immigrants I just question his methods. He has definitely caused quite a bit of controversy in his career, especially when it comes to illegal immigrants.

I don't know what else he has done since I don't live in Arizona but in this specific instance he has my support. I like that he's really pushing to change the problem of illegal immigration

I haven't committed any felonies, but that doesn't mean I don't have a problem with the FBI tapping my phone and searching my home on a weekly basis. I have a right to privacy and that privacy should only be invaded when authorities have sufficient reason to believe that I have committed a crime. A hunch is not enough, certainly profiling is not enough. I want them to have tangible evidence to present to a non-partisan magistrate who will issue a search warrant, as laid out in the Constitution. These checks and balances were instituted for a reason, to prevent the rise of tyranny. If it means a few criminals get away, that's fine by me, because the majority's interests are still protected. An unchecked government is a far greater threat to our liberty than a few petty criminals on the loose.
Despite what I said in post #2 I completely agree with you Kash.

+1 for someone actually telling it how it is.

;)

is this the same sheriff that has pink underwear for inmates, and his tent prison

Yeah it is...
Joseph M. Arpaio

Despite what I said in post #2 I completely agree with you Kash.

+1 for someone actually telling it how it is.

;)

Yeah it is...Joseph M. Arpaio

That guy is the coolest sheriff ever

It's 120 degrees in Iraq and the soldiers are living in tents, have to wear full body armor, and they didn't commit any crimes, so shut your mouths.

This guy is gold :lol: