where is the 5870x2

Caddy Daddy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm just hoping that in a week I'm looking at a sexy 5870 for $300-350 instead of $370. We'll see though... wish there were more rumors. AMD has been absolutely golden when it comes to keeping NDAs stiff with this launch (5870, 5850, 5770 and 5750, and now 5790). There were no solid 5870 rumors till it launched.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817341028

^ocz gold

yes the ram will be upgraded one day

on a side note

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9874/psu...ml?tl=g11c26s87

for the new nvidia cards in quad sli lmao

:facepalm: Thought you wised up and got ddr2 :P (though it'd require a different board and this point wouldn't matter lol)

Well I'm just hoping that in a week I'm looking at a sexy 5870 for $300-350 instead of $370. We'll see though... wish there were more rumors. AMD has been absolutely golden when it comes to keeping NDAs stiff with this launch (5870, 5850, 5770 and 5750, and now 5790). There were no solid 5870 rumors till it launched.

I hear you, hope you get a nice patient man discount. The 5970 is truly behind closed lips, hopefully for a good reason.

I am not sure I understand going with more than a single 5870 at this point. It will playing any game you want maxed out to the nuts and all without breaking a sweat ...

Why not have one, wait for the price to drop and then get a second?

I understand having the latest and greatest, but at some point you have to look at things and decide whether it makes sense, or do you just have a self esteem issue.

it plays every game but it wont max everything out on a 30inch mointor.... which im in the process of getting.... not sure about this fellow... also dx11 games may not be as forgiving... as the crytek 3 engine will be realeased soon... and tell me that wont bog anything down lol

Self-esteem issues? I think you're projecting. Why wait? If you want it now and can afford it what would be the benefit of waiting? How much is the price going to drop exactly?

Not everyone will have the same priorities as you. Keep that in mind. Maybe he just watched Swordfish and wants a set of monitors just like the main PC in the movie. Maybe benchmarking and competitions are his priorities. Who knows? It's a little arrogant to assume that his needs and priorities are the same as yours.

Perhaps.

Perhaps I am right, though. Perhaps the reason for having such an array of cards, at least at this point in the game when drivers are still being "tweaked" out, is so Johnny can run around the play ground spreading the old "My dad could beat up your dad" speech.

Unless someone has money to burn, which I suppose some still may, it is not pointless but just plain stupid at this point in the game. It is for bragging rights ONLY and will create no real-world gains for some time. If you are OK with that, so be it, but take note that everyone is still entitled to their own opinion ... and mine is that is it just plain dumb.

rofl 5xxx's are all a waste of money at this point...said it before, will say it again. x2 4890 is like...the max that you would need for the next...3-4 years....keep in mind the oc so it's pretty good for the price. Unless you wanna be cool and say that u can fit 3 5870's in ur case(gl with that) go ahead...not going to make your games run better though. It's a simple and ethical choice. if you already have a 5XXX card keep it that way for a while. There is absolutely nothing in the world that would require more than that now.