Dragon Age: Origins

InCrYsIs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be playing Dragon Age Origins?

• Yes
    • No
    • RPG's Suck

When did they add that option in? Sweet.

Right click Steam icon -> Settings -> Downloads (tab)

In the random encounters, when there is rubble blocking a path like in the picture below, is there anyway around that rubble, or is it their lame way of saying "you can't go here"?

As far as I know no. I think it's just part of the game to trap you into going a certain path.

You can try and use Shale's rock throw to break it like the other golems, but I haven't tried. I actually just unlocked Shale two days ago. But, I like Alistair as my tank, since he already has the gear and physical resistance runes.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Right click Steam icon -> Settings -> Downloads (tab)
I asked "when", not "how" :P It didn't used to be there, but I don't check that tab all the time, obviously.

As far as I know no. I think it's just part of the game to trap you into going a certain path.

You can try and use Shale's rock throw to break it like the other golems, but I haven't tried. I actually just unlocked Shale two days ago. But, I like Alistair as my tank, since he already has the gear and physical resistance runes.

I don't use that talent line for Shale, but I'm guessing it's their way of restricting us as well.

Change your Steam download server to something closer to you. I use the Atlanta, Georgia server and maxes my connection 2.1 Mb/s.

The closest to me is Phoenix, but its just that my connection is really crappy so I can't download much of anything fast.

I just got done with the

Urn last night, now I'll be picking up Shale, then Warden's Keep, then its on to the dwarves!

In regards to the rubble, afaik, you can only break the barricades and not rubble. Like you said, its the developers way of saying "do not pass" and it ushers us to the right exit. Like with the random encounter fights, the theory is that the enemy has sprung a trap on you and you can't leave the way you came, you have to exit through a certain path to continue on to say, Denerim.

Well, I just got Shale last night. The quest to get him was rather easy.. though the blasted

fire puzzle had me guessing for a bit. I got it finished though, maybe not the correct way but dammit it worked. Even saved the little girl as well.

Shale is quite hilarious, love the way he refers to you and what he has to say. Reminds me of HK-47 from KotOR. :lol: Some pretty sweet items out of it, plus on the way to the town I got the random encounter for an item in Warden's Keep. :P Looks like that is what I'll be finishing up tonight so I can get that killer item.

Also, uh, is it me or do the desire demons look really hot in a weird kind of way?

Well, I just got Shale last night. The quest to get him was rather easy.. though the blasted

fire puzzle had me guessing for a bit. I got it finished though, maybe not the correct way but dammit it worked. Even saved the little girl as well.

Shale is quite hilarious, love the way he refers to you and what he has to say. Reminds me of HK-47 from KotOR. :lol: Some pretty sweet items out of it, plus on the way to the town I got the random encounter for an item in Warden's Keep. :P Looks like that is what I'll be finishing up tonight so I can get that killer item.

Also, uh, is it me or do the desire demons look really hot in a weird kind of way?

Yeah, they also like to feel themselves up a lot:

70b960888b46b0dc0e31c4ab634a06f07c07e865.png

I didn't save the girl...did you get anything special for saving her?

Yeah, they also like to feel themselves up a lot:

/snip

I didn't save the girl...did you get anything special for saving her?

I've noticed they do that, they aren't wearing much of anything and the camera always pans to not show their hind quarters. :P

I got the Helm of Honnleath, Cord of Shattered Dreams and some other item I can't remember. The helm boosts all attributes by 2 and armor by 3.. though its only grey iron I think so, but it might be steel. The cord is a belt that is only for mages and boosts willpower by 3 and mental resistance by 10. Its pretty decent stuff, but I think if you got a reward from Kitty you got a staff of some kind.. least thats what I heard. The helm is nice though, I believe its one of the viking designs with the horns. I just can't remember if its grey iron, steel or red steel.

So you've got to have a rogue to open all these chests lying around...

-_-

Yep. Your warrior or mage can take stealing as a skill.. but, rogues have access to the lockpicking talent which allows more and more difficult chests to be unlocked. They are the only way to have access to locked doors and chests, provided their cunning and lock pick skill are both high enough.

For a party layout, I prefer two warriors, a rogue and a mage. The mage does healing for everyone, the rogue backstabs and fires arrows and picks locks, and the warriors just beat the living hell out of everyone else. Alistair kind of sucks at times though.. so I may have Shale join me on a few trips to see how he does. Nothing quite like having a stone fist go through the face of a hurlock!

Oh and Andrew, those horns would be good handles.. once you get past her tail.

Edited by bp9801